FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Hot Deals > OCZ Recertified PSUs CHEAP!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

OCZ Recertified PSUs CHEAP!  Reply with quote  

I picked up one of the 1010w GameXStream SLI power supplies for $54.99 and grabbed a $9.99 notebook cooler while I was at it.

They come with a 1-year warranty and these are pretty decent PSUs, I have no idea what I'll use mine for but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

http://www.svc.com/ocz-psu.html

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

what do you have that needs 1010w?

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Well my current rig runs an 1100w PSU and with what I threw at it this last week I imagine it needed every bit of that. Really though for $54.99 why not get the 1010w as opposed to the 850 or 700 they also have for very cheap?

Half the reason to get a higher wattage PSU is just to get the higher amperage which is necessary on the top end cards nowadays. I imagine that ANY application I have for another power supply will be easily met by my $55 purchase.

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
HaMMerHeD
[H]ard 4 OKGG

I have an Enermax Galaxy DXX 1KW PSU and in my personal bo a CoolerMaster Realpower PRO 1250W PSU for my work box. I used to have an OCZ 650W PSU.

On the 650W unit, I never used more than about 500W, but I have needed more current on the 12v line than that PSU was capable of delivering. Stepping up to the larger power supplies gave me more current for the video cards, even though I am still not using more wattage than the old PSU. It is all about how much power is available on the PCIe connectors, moreso than how much total power.

A $55 1KW PSU is a tremendous deal, as long as it actually functions.

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: