FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Modern Warfare 2 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Ranger283
Scrotal Sack Ninja

Modern Warfare 2  Reply with quote  

I'm not too impressed.... What are ya'lls thoughts?

www.speedyserving.com

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

When I look at buying games I look at what features they have. MW:2 has 2 of 15 features I feel are necessary in a multiplayer shooter.

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

No idea, my Steam copy won't be available until late tomorrow Sad

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I think I'm about to break down and go buy the PS3 version. I'd always intended to buy both, but with the wait I'm in for I might as well buy it now and play it with friends this weekend Razz

http://kotaku.com/5401308/frankenreview-modern-warfare-2

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

And for my third consecutive post on this thread...

Modern Warfare 2 is fucking awesome!

That's from my point of view AND that's coming from the perspective of a PS3 player playing it on a PS3. It's a spectacular sequel to the previous Modern Warfare, it looks better and even seems to play better.

I am really enjoying the maps and they do seem perfectly suited to the 18 person max they are applying to the PC version of the game as well. The new weapons definitely take a little getting used to, but overall it seems like a much-polished sequel.

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Ranger283
Scrotal Sack Ninja

Well here's my bitch, I pop the CD in to install, and it won't install because steam has to be running, I start steam and try again, It still won't work. Apparently you have to have an internet connection and be logged into steam for MW2 to install. Bitch #2 is obviously no dedicated servers. #3 is apparently you have to unlock hardcore mode to play it, everyone has to start off playing non-hardcore. #4 As far as I can tell I can't change my name in the game it's my steam login.. #5 I hate the blood splat on the screen when u get injured it really pisses me off. I could probably nit pick some more but im not gonna because mostly as far as gameplay goes it is a very good game and awesome sequal to COD4..

I'm not saying to not buy this game or that it sucks jsut saying there were some things about it that really angered me...

www.speedyserving.com

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Your steam login was your default nick in CoD4 as well. Try "/nick [YOUR NAME HERE]" to change it, that worked in the previous iteration. I would test it but since mine is a Steam and not a retail copy I cannot do that yet Sad

EDIT: I swear I recall Hardcore being unlocked in CoD4 as well, have to hit lvl 5 or something to get it. Which takes all of 5 minutes of playing.

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
C
TheLetterShe

In CoD4 hardcore was a server setting

and "/nick [YOURNAMEHERE]" won't work because there is no console in MW2

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Ranger283
Scrotal Sack Ninja

Yeah what C said...

www.speedyserving.com

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

In CoD4 for PS3 Hardcore is available when you reach level 5, so same thing.

Post Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Ranger283
Scrotal Sack Ninja

Not on PC I believe I am lvl 10 or something and it's still not unlocked, sounds like MW2 was designed completly for consoles..

www.speedyserving.com

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Shoulda read the other thread Razz

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

It's like level 17 or something like that. From what I read MW2 is basically a direct console port.

I did have a small issue installing it from a retail disk, having steam already on my computer, but that was cleared up by closing steam and re-starting the install. So, no major issue.

I know there's no dedicated server, but it seems to work ok without it. I haven't played with all of the party features and stuff, but it looks like they've got a couple options.

Game play is great. I really like the maps and I'm glad I don't have to play 20v20 on any of them, it would be a nightmare. The new perks and combinations look to be very nice. I like some of the new guns quite well already.

Overall I'm pretty stoked except for the fact that I have so few people I know playing it. Oh well. I'm having fun with it.

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Ranger283
Scrotal Sack Ninja

I concur moose the guns are pretty snazzy as well as the mods. I am still stoked as well, I jsut think that they could have made it alot better, esp with at least leaving dedicated servers...

www.speedyserving.com

Post Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Oh, and I checked last night... Hardcore is level 19.

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

If it really is an awesome game despite shortcomings, I'll still buy it. If they had a demo...

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

http://kotaku.com/5403286/what-modern-warfare-2-boycotters-are-playing

Also I'm too lazy to find the article but I believe one of the Activision brass stated that not releasing a demo was on purpose to build anticipation of the game. I know that that will likely irk you no less, and possibly moreso, but there it is.

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Yeah, I read that too. I don't see how no-demo plays into building anticipation for a game that is now out. WTH is my demo? I guess I'll play on someone's computer that has it and see if it is something I want to pay 20% more for despite a lack of features.

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

So who all is actually playing MW2 on PC? We need to friend up on Steam so we can play the Spec Ops missions that require 2 ppl.
My Steam name is... yes... MooseDog.

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

gtrslngrchris is my Steam name. I'm playing through the PS3 version right now so you'll have to hit me up, but I'd love to do some of the co-op missions.

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: