FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Heroes of Newerth - DOTA people look!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Heroes of Newerth - DOTA people look!  Reply with quote  

Anyone here on the beta for this? I got myself and Leb120 in and we just started playing tonight. If you've played DotA or Tides of Blood it's based off of DotA and it's incredible so far!

Just looking for some other local people to play with, and I may or may not have some extra beta invites to hand out if some of you will actually use them so post if you're interested or already playing.

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:35 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

mmo or rpg or fps or...?
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Well, I'm not sure what you'd call it. It's EXTREMELY similar to the DotA All Stars mod for Warcraft III but I'm not sure that qualifies it to be called an RTS.

Basically you have two factions per game, top right vs. bottom left. Each faction has 3 "lanes" that they send waves of attackers through which are evenly matched as the fight begins and these fight in the middle basically.

Each person playing can choose 1 hero character and you can level it up, just like in WC3, and fight in the lanes to push your side further, attack other heroes, etc. The entire point of the game is to destroy your opponents main building, hence the original name of the game, "Defense of the Ancients".

There's ALOT more depth to the game than I've explained here, and I am by no means a DotA veteran but it's alot of fun to get into and if you can you should try the DotA All Stars or Tides of Blood mods for Warcraft III to get an idea of what it's like.

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
drivec
Sand Filter

i have been playing league of legends which is same thing its a dota remake.

i heard from different ppl that LOL is better then HON but i havnt got a key to try it.

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I do have a couple of HoN keys available, just PM me your email and I'll send you one. As far as LoL is concerned, I've got a key and played it a bit but it just didn't feel as deep as HoN and the graphics turned me off a bit. That said however, it was MUCH more noob-friendly and since I am not a DotA vet I had alot easier time getting into the game with items and such.

Post Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
izual
n00b

Don't happen to have anymore keys do ya??? strichauge

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:56 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Hello iz

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Sorry, 8/8 used.

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
izual
n00b

Hey hey

No problem, i eventually found one. strichauge

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

They opened beta for a short time, go people go!

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/open_create_account.php

Post Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:38 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
[FUKM] ICE COLD
lan party avoiding douche

I kind of like this. The people who play it seem to be total dicks to new people but that's nothing different from any other game. Hit me up if anyone is still playing. Name: VCBee

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I still play every day pretty much, even if it's just one game. I am hoping to find more people playing it at the LAN tomorrow!

I have a few in-game accounts:

Atreidies - Paid account, probably on this one playing 2s most of the time
Bricksauce
Muadiib

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

[FUKM] ICE COLD wrote: Name: VCBee

I see what you did there.

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message
[FUKM] ICE COLD
lan party avoiding douche

Yeah, turns out my nickname IRL, B, and that name are close. And VCBee seems to be open every time I want to start an account somewhere. And those were some good days.

I read a few weeks ago where you said I was a "terrible player". I almost loaded up my account and hunted you down for that. wink und grin

Post Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

[FUKM] ICE COLD wrote:
I read a few weeks ago where you said I was a "terrible player". I almost loaded up my account and hunted you down for that. wink und grin

Trap sprung

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message
GeneticWeapon
Cum back to EVE!

almost

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: