FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Modding > Subtlety Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Color scheme for the outside panels/bezel
Flat black with "subtlety" in glossy black
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
Glossy black with "subtlety" in flat black
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I take it the $50 offer was rejected for the mobo/CPU?

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Yeah, that's a no. It's worth more than $50 to me, I'm pretty sure the chip alone is still $75-$90'ish. Also, I am thinking I might be lazy and keep my Gigabyte DS3-965P and sell the MSI P35 Platinum I got instead.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

$75.55 for the whole thing, Bob.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

K, just makin sure since you ignored rather than replied.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:44 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I had left some things to dry at my office this weekend so I didn't get high all weekend working on this crappy site I had to have done by Monday morning. Here are some of the fruits of my labor. I hope this look was worth the $1200 I could lose if I need to RMA these GTX 295s Shocked

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash

$80

Butts.

Post Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Did some more wiring tonight then got bored and installed my new toys to see what they could do. My 30" and the pc on the same 900w APC UPS apparently pulled > 1000w at the wall and had it beeping at me like a motherfucker.

BUT! P31867 3DMarks - Previous System w/ GTX 285 SLI was 24344 or thereabouts.

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:43 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Sweetness!

Post Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:28 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Side-project!

I traded the MSI P35 Platinum mobo & my old E6400 for $30 and watercooling parts! Unfortunately it wasn't anything I was interested in using in my i7 build other than the pump, so I decided to overhaul my old desktop some more!

New stuff:
Swiftech Apogee GT cpu block
Swiftech MCW30 NB block
Swiftech MCP655 pump
Swiftech Micro-res rev. 2
BIX 120.1 radiator

Going to be using ClearFlex 1/2" ID, 5/8" OD tubing for this as I still have nightmares from installing Tygon tubing onto 1/2" barbs.

I moved everything to a cheapo P3 case I had laying around and I started cleaning up my PC-65 last night and decided that the scratched up white interior paint had to go. Today at lunch I contacted several places, from radiator/transmission repair shops to regular car shops and finally found one that was confident they could chemical wash my case without it dissolving in the process so I took that down to them at lunch and I get to pick it up in another couple hours.

Hopefully my case is still intact and ready for a good sanding and a few new holes this weekend. I'm thinking flat black interior, flat black outside with glossy blood red stripes EVH Frankensteiner style and then red water of course Cool

Will post some pics later, whether my case is no more or if it came out better for it.

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I lied about the pics, no pics. Maybe some pics, I'll go snap one now.

I'm about to die, I might as well have been huffing this can of aircraft stripper all night. The chemical wash got about 80% of the paint off. Had I fully disassembled the case it would have removed all of the paint, but my lack of forethought and general laziness didn't get that part accomplished so now I'm stuck getting the paint in all the hard-to-reach places with a plastic scraping thingy and aircraft stripper.

Oh right, I forgot to take a pic of what was on the side of my living room you couldn't see in that other shot from a few days ago.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash

dont use that stripper indoors!

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:58 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

LightningCrash wrote: dont use that stripper indoors!

Believe me I wanted to, I was up until 3am still stripping paint. The best compromise I could do was spray it outside, leave it for 30 minutes and then bring it into my shower where I had a mesh thing over my drain to catch the paint and I cleaned in there.

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

gee, thats lovely to know you are draining chemical solvents into the water supply... nice.

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Shinare wrote: gee, thats lovely to know you are draining chemical solvents into the water supply... nice.

I was already reamed for even considering doing this by my brother in law (cop), who then checked for me on Friday before he left work and found that it's actually acceptable here. Well, not the specific product, but the main ingredients are.

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Little update with what I've done this week so far.

box 'o parts from my PC-65 freshly painted and mostly dry

Shot of my music stand that's been overrun with watercooling parts

Close-up of my HDD cage where I made a nice little home for my reservoir

Another shot of my HDD cage + reservoir, it's definitely my favorite part of this build update. As you can see in the first pic of it, I cut a hole in the top so I can simply slide out the HDD cage about an inch and refill when the water level drops.

My new waterblocks! Swiftech Apogee GT and MCW30

Here's a shot of the red I chose for the outside. Once this dries I'll sand it down and repaint it red again. After that it's time for some painter's tape, the same black paint from the interior of the case, and some inspiration from Eddie!

Finally here's a random shot of the case frame upside down and the rear panel drying after some sanding and touch-up painting.

Post Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Moar pics!

Couple shots of the new top and side panels for my old desktop. They still need a good sanding and some touch up work but they're mostly good to go. I wanted to do some more intricate work with the lines, but I was unable to come up with the proper sizes of painters tape before my A.D.D. got the better of me.

I still haven't painted the 5.25" and 3.5" bay covers yet, or the power/reset buttons because I haven't decided whether I want to do accent colors (red) on them or not. So if someone has an opinion, speak it!

Post Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

So, knowing that you were draining solvent with toxic qualities into the sewer system, you did it anyway because it was legal?

Post Mon May 04, 2009 3:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

TehDanMan wrote: So, knowing that you were draining solvent with toxic qualities into the sewer system, you did it anyway because it was legal?

As I recall, I text'ed my bro-in-law (cop), who then asked his captain for the # of someone he could ask about it. The # he was provided him sent him to the general Fort Collins Utilities office, I assume this is where they sent him, he said he got the runaround for a bit until they forwarded him to Fort Collins Wastewater who sent him to a staff supervisor of some sort that said that their water treatment plant was well equipped to remove aforementioned solvents and wasn't an issue to be dumping down the drain.

This is obviously not quoted from the horse's mouth, but you get the gist. My brother in law is a VERY stand up guy, was about to backhand me for considering it, as I said earlier. He felt it was safe after talking with the guy at the water treatment plant, so after he was comfortable, I had no problem whatsoever with it.

EDIT: I think you guys may have misunderstood exactly the process I was going through with the aircraft stripper. I applied it, let it sit outside for ~30 minutes and then wiped/scraped with rubber gloves, paper towels and a ghetto plastic spatula and tossed all that crap in the trash can. AFTER all of that I took it into my shower and rinsed it and continued to scrape and remove the paint. It wasn't like I was spraying the crap straight into my drain.

I wasn't exactly pouring gobs of the stuff down my drain, just rinsing off the parts after I'd already removed the majority of it.

Post Mon May 04, 2009 5:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Okay Smile

I was really just giving you a hard time. I'm sure people dump much worse down their drains than a little bit of solvent. I imagine most of it evaporated.

Post Mon May 04, 2009 7:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

However, if you care about the plumbing in your house, you won't do that too often.

Post Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: