FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Lack of LAN party = new hobby Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Lack of LAN party = new hobby  Reply with quote  

Picked this up the other day for a few hundred bucks. It is 3 years old and was $1400 brand new, and has about $400 in upgrades. The thing is sweeeeeet.

No local LAN parties, but there are several good PB fields....I am going to[img]get my ass shot by a bunch of punks I am sure, but it will be fun none the less.

For anyone who wants to know, it is a Dye DM4 with laser eyes and is chiped. It will shoot 25+ balls per second.

This is one in action with a cheater board, mine will ramp like this if I change it:

Link

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

is 'ramping' illegal on the field?
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Depends on the field....one of the local ones is semi only and BPS limited, but he caters to >new players. The other one allowes much faster shooting.

Even on semi, the thing shoots amazing!

Post Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

This thing rips like a damn chainsaw BTW........Truely silly just how fast it will empty a hopper of 180 paintballs!!!!! Literally a matter of seconds! And it is 4+ years old...I cant imagine a brand new 2008 model that will do 30 BPS stock.

I do prefer woodsball though....this thing is just for sheets and giggles. I got a gun stolen out of my truck in 2008 (Tippman A5) so to replace it I just ordered one of these:

http://www.smartparts.com/#/sp-1/home/

$160 for that little bastard! What a steal!!!! The thing is idiot and WATER prooft. Check the videos out:

http://www.smartparts.com/#/sp-1/videos/

They hold the thing under water and it fires?!?!?!

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

So I am enjoying the paintball here....much more satisfying to put semi-real bullets into people vs cyber bullets. Smile I shot a dude in the head last weekend, twice. One right after the other as he was runing to a bunker. Nearly knocked him over hahaha! I was lovin it!

My newest marker:

11 balls per second, will do semi, 3 shot and full auto. This is the badest ass $150 marker out there. I love it.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Paintball h8rs! Smile

I will have to see if I can post a pic of my newest new toy....

It mows bitches. It amazes me just how fast one can unload close to 2000 paintballs in a day of play.....

Post Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

No hating here... I play 2-3 times a month... Play for a local team [L337 Krew] and have way too much fun!

I love speedball but also play woodsball due to the team I am on.

Gear:
Smartparts Epiphany
Halo hopper w/rip
Full Dye Speedball gear [2007 model black and brown]
Full Digicamo gear for woodsball [w/vest]

Here I am at the Adventure Zone field.

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I did paintball once about 10 years ago as "sensitivity training" for the place I worked at at the time. All the programmers and us two net admins all went for a day during work. Was good fun. I dont think the technology was at this point 10 years ago. Or it might have been but the rental equipment wasn't much to speak of. You had a gun, a hopper, and some little screw or something that adjusted the power. You had to pull the trigger once or more for each ball that came out. Got a few bruises that day.

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So I am selling all of my old paintball guns as I aquired a 2008 Ego over the weekend. It is sick......it has an onboard Tadao Yakuza OLED board that is a mini frikin computer.

Mine is like this except it is dust red with gloss black accents:

Link

That is about as fast as it goes, but that is just messing around. On the field you are capped at 10-15 balls per second. Still an amazing piece of equipment.....

Pic of the 08 Ego....what a machine!!!!

Last edited by Brules on Fri May 01, 2009 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:53 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

And Ephil, I HATE cinder block bumkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They can tear a barrel or marker so bad! I hate em!

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:02 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Ok so I bought this one as well. Selling the red Ego above.

Post Fri May 08, 2009 7:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

ephil wrote: No hating here... I play 2-3 times a month... Play for a local team [L337 Krew] and have way too much fun!

I love speedball but also play woodsball due to the team I am on.

Gear:
Smartparts Epiphany
Halo hopper w/rip
Full Dye Speedball gear [2007 model black and brown]
Full Digicamo gear for woodsball [w/vest]

Here I am at the Adventure Zone field.
>>Image omitted to save space, no sense reposting it.<<

Now that I am once again cane-less, I need to get my Ion out and start playing @ the zone. Zone's about the only decent field left in OKC. need to support it through the economic messiness, despite the horrid drive I have to make to get to it from Norman.

Post Fri May 29, 2009 7:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
RaPpA
n00b

Did you ever sell that red ego?>

My brother has a shocker which is broke and hes looking for another gun

And if hes not i may be interested.

How much if you did not sell it

Post Sat May 30, 2009 4:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

RaPpA! Tell your brother he's a fag for me. A fag... for me? Both connotations.

Post Sat May 30, 2009 5:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Sold it, bought the Geo and sold the Geo for another 08.

You can get good used 08's on PBNation forums for $600 or less.....just buy one from someone with good feedback and you are safe.

Post Sat May 30, 2009 10:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RaPpA
n00b

Ya.. thats where i got my last gun

Not really enough time to go play anymore one of my bros good friends
who used to pretty much run AZ doesnt work there any more so buying paint at full price sucks.. Paintball is wayyyy to expensive for me driving + paint is bad..

I have been really into XC mountainbiking as of late since i moved within five minutes of hefner and theres a trail in the woods great fun and its not too expensive after you buy the bike untill i want to upgrade gonna cost me like 700+ just for a decent Hard tail bike.

Anyway thanks for the quick post brules i know my bro goes up to choctaw and plays sometimes dunno where you go but paintball is hella fun.

Post Sat May 30, 2009 11:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

So I got rid of the 08 Ego, back to a Geo....this is one bad ass marker.....shoots tits!

Video of my old Geo that I got rid of shooting 22 balls per second....that is a 180 round hopper I empty in about 10-12 seconds... Smile

http://www.vimeo.com/4857164

Post Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

I demand pictures of said shot tits

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:04 am  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

What did that poor tree ever do to you!

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:25 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I have shot some boobies before....apparently it hurts....A LOT.

Shot a dude in the nuts a while back.....man he dropped hard from a dead run. Glad it has NOT happened to me!

Better a tree than a person. Smile We did drills last weekend at practice, the skinny guys got to practice superman slides into the snake, big boys got to shoot 13.5 BPS at them. They got shot. A lot. Was much funs!

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: