FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > FABLE

What is the Best RPG ever
Elder's Scroll The Morrowind *PC*
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Elder's Scroll The Morrowind *Xbox*
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Final Fantasy 1-10
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Final Fantasy X2 ( is that what it was called? )
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Diablo
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Diablo 2
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Fable
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Cast
TK'er

FABLE  Reply with quote  

Hey guys just thought i would come on and post a little bit. BTW "Goahead" i found some RAM on ebay for a decent price. sorry i didnt call you back in reference to that.

Anyways i wanted to come on and get a forum started about FABLE, the newest RPG for the Xbox i know you guys are all PC fanatics but im sure there is some console gamers out there to. The game was released last tuesday and its a blast, i havent yet endulged a full fledged attack on it due to test and other things, but i plan to very soon. i got about 14 hours played on it ( which is a very small amount of time ) but anyways i just thought i would start a post to see if anyone has found any fun things about the game that others might not know. I have a few warnings though if you havent yet endulged in the game, first like any RPG decide early on how you want to spec otherwise you waste alot of your expiernce points. Also dont eat pies, i was playing my character who i now 36 who i have trained mostly in strength specs, and i noticed under his "weight" it sayed SLIM well i didnt want to be a slim little hero so i went and spent about 4 grand on red meat, and pies i ate them all, thinking that would help me gain some meat on my bones and help me to bulk up. well the idea kinda back fired, i went from a slim sexy hero that could get any girl in the towns ( literally i was a sexy SOB) to an Obese hero has been that couldnt get a girl if he tried) kinda like a young elvis vs. and older elvis. so anyways thats my main suggestions which im sure no one would go on a eating binge but just be for warned, also you can by beer and get **** faced drunk its great, you down about 7-10 beers and your screen blurrs and before you know it your puking all over the tavern floors, but i have heard rumors that binge drinking in the game ( like real life) can take years from your life, since this is a game where you character does grow old and can die of old age, i suggest waiting until your a cripple fool, before you hit that taverns every night. Anyways if you dont have the game, you should get it, i realize that the game market is putting out some killer titles right now, so your time is limited and focused on other games, but if you ever get about 3 weeks where you have nothing to do but play a console game this is it.
As far as the whole RPG aspect of the game its pretty good, its a new twist to some old game habits, its more user friendly ( begginer friendly rather ) and has alot softer side to it then some RPGS. there is a story line but you can chose to pursue the main quest or not. Its kinda like morrwind but even tighter to the story ( which is a down fall to rpgs ). If your looking for a RPG thats better then Morrowind (The best RPG ever made, and if you disagree i will bitch slap you to hell) this is not it by far, but if your looking for a game that is just as fun and just as addicting, and you want to be able to play 24 hours straight without regretting it then this is it.
Please post if you have any input suggestions or anything else to add. Ive wasted enough of your time so i guess ill stop using the schools internet and go to class.

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

yeah all the previews and screens looked awesome, but i just cant bring myself to buy an xbox

and speaking of morrowind, they've announced elder scrolls 4...
http://www.elderscrolls.com/index.php

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

My Favorite RPG was AD&D. Ya know, with the dice and the player sheets and modules and DM and ... and.. and...

I spent many an entire weekend playing that with fellow nerds in highschool.

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Oh, if I had to vote from your list it would be Diablo II but its not my favorite so I didnt vote.

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Where is "None of the above"? Laughing

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
[FUKM] ICE COLD
lan party avoiding douche

In your list Diablo 2. In my list, Shadow Run rox!

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

In your list, Diablo. Adn I second the shadowrun Motion! Should have made the list! I feel jipped. Evil or Very Mad

Post Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Khanis
MFCEO

Please remove Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Clickfests should not count as RPGs. Instead you could put games like Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Fallout 1 and 2, the Ultima series, or my personal favorites: Ultima Underworld 1 and 2.

Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Zork!

Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

ephil wrote: Zork!

Zork pwned.

Post Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

Khanis wrote: ...my personal favorites: Ultima Underworld 1 and 2.

ahhhhhhhh, Ultima Underworld. for its time, that was one HELL of a game.

Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:40 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Despite wrote:
Khanis wrote: ...my personal favorites: Ultima Underworld 1 and 2.

ahhhhhhhh, Ultima Underworld. for its time, that was one HELL of a game.

I totally agree. I remember playing that sucker on my 386SX-25MHz.

WOOT!!

Post Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:47 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Daneth
pwn3d

Knights of the old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, hell just about any Bioware game pwns...

Post Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

Neverwinter Nights... holy shit don't get me started on that steaming turd. so much promise! so pathetic a release!

but KotOR, now that was one hell of a fun game.

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

KoToR *IS* NWN btw, just a different "campaign"

i agree the NWN campaigns were lacking a bit tho

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:20 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

I LOVED KoTR, never finished NWN, or Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Morowind etc. Diablo was about the only other one I played all the way through. I just don't seem to have the attention span that most of these type games require. Sad

So KoTR gets my vote as best. Smile

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Daneth
pwn3d

The.Real.Cast wrote: KoToR *IS* NWN btw, just a different "campaign"

i agree the NWN campaigns were lacking a bit tho

Yeah I know a lot of people who hate NWN and love KOTOR...I'll agree the NWN campaigns were lacking, but the real heard of KOTOR wasn't the missions they put you on either, but the character creation and combat systems the game featured, and both games did those exactly the same...

I played NWN through when it first came out and loved it...because I didn't know how much better a game could be using the AD&D 3.0 system.

Post Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: