FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Sign-up for June Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

So why isn't everyone signing up for the June LAN?
I did already!
57%
 57%  [ 8 ]
Can't come this month. :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Just lazy...I'll do it soon.
14%
 14%  [ 2 ]
No tourney announced, or prizes! (Suggestions posted below.)
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Too far away. :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (See below)
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 14

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

ephil wrote: We should have a lot of the GRB guys there this month... So BFV will be played!!!!

[ We will take you all on!!! Smile ]

YOU WILL NEED THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!

Very Happy

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:11 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Yeah, buy them all! Smile

Hell if it wasn't so quirky I'd play Desert Combat too. I long for the days of flying my Apache and all the other vehicles. BFV is OK, but I really liked DC.

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:54 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I've actually been playing DC No Fly Zone Day 2 lately and been enjoying it alot. I don't know if everyone has played that map but it is a blast. You actually have to destroy both bunkers, the com tower and the radar building. As you destroy each it limits their offensive/defensive capabilites by preventing certain planes/sam sites from respawning.

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:56 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Breaky
Im serios this is pretty fucked up

Several of the Air intensive maps (like Flaming Dart) on BFV have this same ability as well. IF you destroy air towers at the US bases, the no longer spawn airplanes... It makes it fun.

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Si, and the F4 + Napalm is too frigen fun. Smile

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Breaky

Sending an SA-7 up the butt of an F4 is even funar

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Holy Christ, I can buy two new games for the cost of Nero6 but without nero6 I cant burn DVDs Sad Sad Sad

Decisions decisions decisions....

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Nero 6  Reply with quote  

umm that was meant to be a pm Razz

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Breaky

my bad... I was not insinuating that you pirate software, suggestion was made purely in jest...

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Atomm
Brules was better than me at BF2

Goahed Makemyda wrote: Yeah, buy them all! Smile

Hell if it wasn't so quirky I'd play Desert Combat too. I long for the days of flying my Apache and all the other vehicles. BFV is OK, but I really liked DC.

DC, ACK! Your starting to loose me.......

Goahead, stop complaining about BFV's lagginess and fix it. I've got a GeForce 4 TI4200 and I run great. Breaky uses ATI and he's fine too. You can not own a company called Technology Unlimited and not know how to tweak your system to run a single game better. Figure out what's wrong, fix it and play BFV with us. There is a way.

And, I don't come to the LAN for prizes. I come to the LAN to play games and have fun. I notice the Gamers Radio website slows down during the summer. Kids are out of school and it appears they take time to get away. Do you think that has any affect on the June LAN?

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I would take the time to tweak and tune but I have limited time to do gaming and would be happy to have some help shortening the process if you want to volunteer, I'd love the help. However I managed to get everything except BFV working great so it remains a thorn in the side. Still I do play it.

As to kids being out, traditionally in the summer we have seen pretty good turn outs. Some people like prizes, some don't. Personally I come to game too and to meet up with my friends. That's what is important to me. But we have been looking to find a way to boost LAN gaming interest. I am amazed that we can't get 50+ players every month for $10! But that's just me, I love LANs!

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Atomm wrote:
Goahed Makemyda wrote: Yeah, buy them all! Smile

DC, ACK! Your starting to loose me.......

Goahead, stop complaining about BFV's lagginess and fix it. I've got a GeForce 4 TI4200 and I run great. Breaky uses ATI and he's fine too. You can not own a company called Technology Unlimited and not know how to tweak your system to run a single game better. Figure out what's wrong, fix it and play BFV with us. There is a way.

And, I don't come to the LAN for prizes. I come to the LAN to play games and have fun. I notice the Gamers Radio website slows down during the summer. Kids are out of school and it appears they take time to get away. Do you think that has any affect on the June LAN?

Yes, summer is always slow May/June, then about August/Sept when it is just hoter than hades outside, more people come to get out of the heat.

Smile

Post Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Atomm
Brules was better than me at BF2

Goahead, what is your system specs? Let's see which one of the GRB's you are closest too and get that person to help.

BTW, speaking of prizes, how has the Free Class thing been going? Is it going to be at every LAN? I still need to take Linux+. Smile

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Breaky

We'll have enough GRB at the lan to play BF, I'm sure one of us can help Goahead tweak it.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:30 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: