FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Thoughts on the new location and LAN this month?

What did you think of the new location?
I liked it.
85%
 85%  [ 17 ]
It will work, I suppose/ Don't care
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I didn't really like it.
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
MO8IUS
I's L N B !!!!!!! Sheesh!

Thoughts on the new location and LAN this month?  Reply with quote  

I really like the room we're in. The outlets were plentiful. The space is fairly large. Plenty of parking...although a bit further walk.

Of course proximity to my residence is also a personal plus.

The enclosed "sub-room" makes yakking back and forth a bit weird.

What did everyone else think?

Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Max
If it ain't Over Clocked, it's CRAP!

even though its pretty far from my home its an easy drive.

the room itself was kinda wierd with the subroom like you mentioned, but i guess it'll work.

Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Re: Thoughts on the new location and LAN this month?  Reply with quote  

mobius7 wrote: The enclosed "sub-room" makes yakking back and forth a bit weird.

Well, there was a teamspeak server but nobody used it. Probably better off that they didn't, though, because some people probably dont have the "ettiquette" to be on. Smile

Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

It was good place, was probably better there instead of that Yukon building. Razz

BTW who threw the yellow ball at Skidz? Here is a pic I got of it right as it made impact! Very Happy

-dR

Post Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Menos
Broke My Labia

That would be me..... Smile It was just too inviting a target...... hehe

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:18 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Re: Thoughts on the new location and LAN this month?  Reply with quote  

detox wrote: Well, there was a teamspeak server but nobody used it. Probably better off that they didn't, though, because some people probably dont have the "ettiquette" to be on. Smile

Agreed... Remember... A "keyed" mic is your friend!!! Smile

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:15 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I would like to push teamspeak more next month and try to get more people using it. Wink

I would like to have channels & rooms pre set up for most of the games we would possibly play like Farcry: Red & Blue teams, BFV USA & VC etc. That way ppl can just pop in and not have to bother seting anything up.

Also if anyone has any suggestions (serious ones please Smile ) of ways we can make the LAN better, by all means suggest away!

PS - And I PROMISE to have the damn projector next month!!!! Sad I am still pissed at myself for forgeting it. I would have been nice to use that portable screen they had in there!!!

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Brules wrote: Also if anyone has any suggestions (serious ones please Smile ) of ways we can make the LAN better, by all means suggest away!

I liked the stuff 7 was working on with the web based tourney posting. That would be VERY effecient if it was up and going.

The dedicated servers were a great addition over my last visit to the okgg event. Smile

Posting of rules/maps for tourneys IN ADVANCE is another biggie. I think that only makes the tourneys more competitive. It would not have made a big deal this lan, but would have in past ones.

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

OMG he was owned by an emoticon!

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

emoticownd?

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Damn, shure wish I wasnt so sick. I'm still at home even today, although a lot better. I'll be back at work tomorrow. Did I miss anything extrodinarily cool (like an impromptau strip-tease of a hottie)? Cant wait till the next one. Date and Time please?

Post Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Atomm
Brules was better than me at BF2

TeamSpeak would be cool, but it's not as fun when both sides are on the same channel.

BFV has a script that moves the user to the correct sub channel, NVA or US, based on their team in the game. Of course, it's linux only and the TS would have to run on the same box. Oh NM, that would require Goose to learn linux. What was I thinking. Smile

I learned something about myself at the last lan. I'm fat and out of shape and a 19" CRT is just too damn heavy to lug around. Time to get an LCD and one of those groovy holders Goahead has.

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:42 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Atomm wrote: TeamSpeak would be cool, but it's not as fun when both sides are on the same channel.

BFV has a script that moves the user to the correct sub channel, NVA or US, based on their team in the game. Of course, it's linux only and the TS would have to run on the same box. Oh NM, that would require Goose to learn linux. What was I thinking. Smile

I learned something about myself at the last lan. I'm fat and out of shape and a 19" CRT is just too damn heavy to lug around. Time to get an LCD and one of those groovy holders Goahead has.

19". Hah.

You've got nothing. I'm the guy with the eighty-five pound 20" CRT that was made in 1997.

Edit: In response to the stuff about the smaller room. As I understood it we won't be using that again, we were just allowed to because so much of the floor space was taken up. (don't hold me to this though)

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

I've been told we will have that room till August(the glass one.) Baring random acts of management.

Post Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: