FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Tournament For April's BF1942

Which one?
Desert Combat
75%
 75%  [ 9 ]
Regular Battlefield
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Who gives a flying rat's behind!!!
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

Tournament For April's BF1942  Reply with quote  

regular Battlefield or Desert Combat?

i choose Desert Combat!!!!!!!!!

Ripping apart SR20DET's sucks...

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:43 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

you're assuming it'll be BF1942 based. but even with that in mind, I'll hold off judgment until I see if the axis/allies balance is fixed in DC now.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

My vote for DC is based on Axis balance being better and no major bugs/exploits for either team.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 8:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

from what I've seen in .3m the balance is much much better, mind you, not perfect, but better than before.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Agreed............. .3 ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Axis team now has a bad ass chopper, and the new Jet is almost better than the A-10.

On the ground the teams are almost dead even....the new artillery piece for both teams is devastating, but I have yet to see the Scud in action.

The new classes are just downright bad ass......deployable mortars rock, and the Spec Ops and Axis suicide guy are awesome.

The AC-130 is a work of art.....with a full crew and someone who can fly, you can wipe out the axis guys as long as they don't get a plane/chopper off the ground Smile The minute they get you targeted, you are a siting duck. If done right with some air cover, an organized team can lay the smack down!!!

All in all I give the new items a 9/10!

Yeah, it isn't polished blah blah blah......but DAMN IT IS FUN!!!!!! A full magnitude of 10x's funer than .25!!!!

Oh and did I mention the new maps???

73 Easting is a large desert map with armor only....no air support I could see....with a TON and I mean a T O N of heavy armor on fast spawns....I didn't get to play it online yet, but I bet the actions is freakin fast and furious if you can get 15-20 per team!

I can't wait to see what the DC team does next.....it just keeps geting better and better!

Brules

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 11:57 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SuperDuck
Being Railroaded by the Dan-Man

I vote StarCraft

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

The scud is INSANE. It will be a major target for the coalition to destroy quickly. With one decent shot you can take out 4-6 tanks &/or choppers and anybody near easily. It aimes up/down only, so you have to position the truck in the right direction first and then play with how far you shoot. It also has 2 modes of shooting, not sure what use the second one is yet... But it's mean.

I can't wait to play that all armor map. It looks sweet. and you're right, the mortar is freakin' cool. It's funny, I was playing in .3h and the mortar was almost infinite, so you could kill just dozens of ppl by just spamming the crap out of them with the mortar. Good thing is that they put a cap on the ammo supply for the mortar. But it's really fun too.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Has anyone tried the Scud in tandem with calling in artillery fire? Is it directed?

Brules

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Yes, you can call for arty and use the scud. However, at least in .3m you have to be careful if you alt fire you'll blow yourself up, so you have to fire the scud and THEN alt fire to see the arty cam. It's pretty cool.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So can you steer it???? Esplain some more Lucy!

Brules

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

OH... directed like, steerable, NO. Sorry, just usable with called arty. Like I said before, you drive the truck to position L/R and then before you fire the scud you adjust up/down from the "gunner" position. & btw, this thing has no problem firing from Opp to Coal base on El Alamein. It has some serious range.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 3:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Geez sounds like its impossible to be accurate other than distance? I mean after EVERY shot you would need to adjust it left/right from the driver position and still keep your distance correct.....

BUT I can see that once you get it braketed...watch out cause some ppl gonna die.

BUT you could easily go thru all your rockets by the time you do that. You would need to park in a DESERTED location with an ammo box next to you to be effective.

Like one of those deserted outposts on the desert maps.....just pray some lost Apache doesn't find your ass!

Brules

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

This is very true. You'd be surprised how fast you can adjust your shot. My brother and I did it pretty quick with no major problems other than just getting the L/R down. And I'm tellin' you, it blows up everything. So sweet.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 4:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

Despite wrote: you're assuming it'll be BF1942 based. but even with that in mind, I'll hold off judgment until I see if the axis/allies balance is fixed in DC now.

why wouldn't it be BF1942 based? we had two Tournaments last month, so i figured we'd do two again this month. am i mistaken?

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

Shinobi wrote: why wouldn't it be BF1942 based? we had two Tournaments last month, so i figured we'd do two again this month. am i mistaken?

i think if we keep doing bf tourneys, we're gonna get burnt out on it and the game itself. maybe not, though. i personally would like to see something other than a bf tourney.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 6:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Evisr8r
Junkie

don't even k_os, you KNOW what that will lead to... the next game on the ladder is UT2003 and all you quakeheads will want DM, but who's that kid in the corner who plays UT2003 for hours on end on his OC48 connection between classes? who's that kid who gets 3 hat tricks in bombing run and makes everyone cry?... that's right, little ol' evisr8r, so before you even think about it, you need to ask yourself one question... "Do I feel lucky" because for the game to be balanced, it's gonna be u or shinobi as team captain, and I WILL PWN THE WORld.

let's play some BF, scope and psycho own my butthole in that game.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 7:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

you can't PWN shit, evis. Wink

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 9:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

hey Evisr8r, wasn't it me that killed you like 5 times in a row the last time we played. if i remember correctly i had you screamin like a lil' girl. Razz BRING IT

Post Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
b-buck
Sand Filter

DESERT COMBAT!! and not ctf please Razz

Post Thu Apr 10, 2003 10:48 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: