FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > FLU Goto page 1, 2  Next

Have you had the flu this year?
Yes
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

FLU  Reply with quote  

If your like me you normally don't get sick. So I didn't get my flu shot thinking I will be OK. Wrong thing to think. I feel like I am goin to die, So it may be a good idea for the rest of you who haven't gotten it already to go and get your flu shot. Cause this sucks!!!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:41 am  View user's profile Send private message
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Thanks, but I'll just stick with not getting the flu shot and not getting the flu. That works best for me. Smile

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:43 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I got sick about a month after I got the flu shot. I'll tell you what I was really sick for 4 days, and ill feeling about a week afterward.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

i heard somewhere that the flu virus is changing and mutating so fast this year that a flu shot now wouldn't help against it if you got the flu later in the year.

i had something with all the flu symptons a couple of weeks ago. i had to take 3 days off of work unpaid. Sad

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:12 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

From what I have seen, most people who take the flu shot end up w/ the flu anyways. My wife works at the hospital, and about half the people that have gotten the flushot this year got sick the same week. I have never gotten the shot, and also never had the flu... I think I will stick to that theroy.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:20 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

people often show flu symptoms after the innoculation because they've just been injected with flu virii! your body detects the bug and does what it normally does when you have the flu, so you get to experience the symptoms. of course, it's much milder and shorter-lived than an actual bout of influenza, but it's still gotta suck.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

i think I would rather take my chances w/o the shot.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Despite wrote: people often show flu symptoms after the innoculation because they've just been injected with flu virii! your body detects the bug and does what it normally does when you have the flu, so you get to experience the symptoms. of course, it's much milder and shorter-lived than an actual bout of influenza, but it's still gotta suck.

Except that some people get really sick from the innoculation. My friend's mother was sick for about 6 days after getting the flu shot. I mean in bed, puking all the time, temperature and feeling like crap in general. So it didn't just vaccinate her, it infected her.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

I dunno why everyone is freaking out about The Flu, I have never had it, prolly immune to it. Never had one flu shot either, that I can remember of at least.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 6:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

MooseDog wrote: Except that some people get really sick from the innoculation. My friend's mother was sick for about 6 days after getting the flu shot. I mean in bed, puking all the time, temperature and feeling like crap in general. So it didn't just vaccinate her, it infected her.

i think getting violently ill like that is pretty uncommon. for the most part, those who get vaccinated have a 24-flu till their body produces the antibodies to fight it off.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 9:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

That's it, I'm wearing a respirator mask at the LAN!

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

everyone should wear the SARS masks. that would make for some interesting pictures.

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Sweet idea. That'd be hilarious.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

i'll see if my sister can get some from work, and if so, we'll pass them out when ya get there. Wink hehehe

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 12:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Evisr8r
Junkie

i've often wanted to start collecting hospital paraphenalia, maybe this is where i should start?

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:01 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

I am hoping that this will be my last day of feeling like crap. Been feeling like shit for the past four days and enough is enough! To anyone that is going through it.. Get well soon, I feel your pain...

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:48 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
haBitat`
pwn3d

LoL, dude i haven't had flu all year, i got really sick yea but it wasn't flu =P

Thank the lord i don't hehehe. sorry to hear about the guys that do.

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 8:40 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Ok how the hell do I change my fucking vote?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!

My son came down with the Flu Tuesday....104 degree temp, my wife got it Wednesday, 103 temp.

And now I am sick, though I am only running 100-101 temps, but I have the achy ass feeling. I feel like I could sleep for days!!!!

This sucks!!!!

Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

You sound like you got the same one I did. I hated it, still getting over it.

Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

Some 25 percent of influenza viruses found so far are the Panama strain of Influenza A, which is contained in the vaccine, but about 75 percent are the Fujian strain of Influenza A, which is not, according to CDC.

from cnn... humm, doesnt sound to much like the vaccine will do ya any good right now anyways.

Post Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: