FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Tribes Ascend: First Patch in 2 Years - too good to be true?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Tribes Ascend: First Patch in 2 Years - too good to be true?  Reply with quote  

See link for details:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tribes-ascends-first-patch-in-2-years-outlined/1100-6430366/

Patch notes from reddit:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fnu0Xe9bnZAVPu9eLLBvE2rgZcdqVd7x3SF3ayIDkto/pub

Will they finally fix that hot shitty mess into something remotely close to the Tribes we all know and loved?

If they can do what they outlined, I will def give it a try.....going to download it again and see if they get test server/s up by 9-14.

7 you have wood yet over this?

Smile

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Maybe they'll actually unfuck it.

Their handling of T:A is one of the reasons I don't play Smite. Soon as it became popular they dropped T:A. Also, their whole "our update service needs to run all the time and sends data back to us."

Edit: And now I'm watching Tribes 2 gameplay videos and want to reinstall...

EditEdit: http://tribesnext.com/

EditEditEdit: Unfortunately, their auth servers for accounts are in the process of being migrated to a new location (physical move) so can't create an account til next week or so.

Post Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I certainly hope they'll un-fuck it. I had tremendous potential. And I like the idea of reverting back to the original 3 size-based classes. Either way soon as TribesNext is once again playable, I wouldn't mind picking it up. But as Tribes-fan-person (As many already know, original Tribes is what got me into online gaming), I will be playing both when available.

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Remind me what Tribes Next is?

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: Remind me what Tribes Next is?

Community patch for Tribes 2. Sets it up to use different servers. Not a huge population, but enough people to fill a few servers in the evenings/on weekends.

I actually tried to play Ascend last night too. Locks up on the menus within about 45 seconds of login. Every time. Public test server version of the new Ascend patch is now up though. http://hirez.http.internapcdn.net/hirez/InstallHiRezTribesPT11.exe

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Played on the test server for Ascend a bit last night. Then played on the normal servers. Game feels much better, movement feels better and faster. Being able to build a custom loadout is nice. So far I'd say they're on the right track.

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:54 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Nice! Will you be at LAN for me to see?

Post Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: Nice! Will you be at LAN for me to see?

Yeah, but you could just download and play. Ascend is free to play and there's no special rules for getting into the test server.

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:23 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I am to busy with Witcher III lol.........

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Anreill wrote: Yeah, but you could just download and play.

Brules is too lazy to Google something for himself. What makes you think he'd waste his time downloading and installing a game he wants to play?

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

New patch is now live.

Post Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: