FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Anyone going to jump?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Anyone going to jump?  Reply with quote  

Just curious if anyone plans on getting the new Call of Duty Advanced Warfare?

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Nooooooooooooooooooo

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Fuck Annual Moneygrab-I mean COD.

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

BF has become the same thing...... Sad

Post Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

The last 2 CODs burned me far enough not to touch them until they have produced something worth owning. BLOPS2 and Ghost were steaming pieces of shit.

Post Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

I'll be picking it up since I have other friends who are going to play

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Let us know how it is......if it is good I'll buy, not holding my breath.

Post Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Friends say it's a lot like tribes, i'm installing it now. I'll keep you posted

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Digitaldreamer7 wrote: Friends say it's a lot like tribes, i'm installing it now. I'll keep you posted

If that's the case, I might give it a try next month. This month's gaming budget is slated for Dragon Age: Inquisition (will also have Witcher 3, for those watching my Steam and Origin status, but I pre-bought that with last May's budget). I will say this, the trailers I've seen showed off a lot of borrowed elements from other gaming series. Just Cause mechanics to name one.

Really, really wary of COD on the whole. They've earned that apprehension several times over.
Still, please do let us know what you think of it.

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

played about 45 mins so far and it's pretty much tribes/with some parkour, and futuristic weapons. So far so good. I'm gonna give it a day or two to make my actual verdict

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Drix wrote: If that's the case, I might give it a try next month. This month's gaming budget is slated for Dragon Age: Inquisition (will also have Witcher 3, for those watching my Steam and Origin status, but I pre-bought that with last May's budget). I will say this, the trailers I've seen showed off a lot of borrowed elements from other gaming series. Just Cause mechanics to name one.

Really, really wary of COD on the whole. They've earned that apprehension several times over.
Still, please do let us know what you think of it.

I've mostly heard mediocre things about Advanced Warfare. Lot of "they tried to do this thing and it didn't really work" type stuff.

Also, Witcher 3 isn't until February... O.o Hopefully you got it through GOG, since CDPR works closely with them and gets a bigger cut of the sale.

Edit: Also also, why the hell does quoting something fuck up the whole post?

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Which Tribes? Because 1, 2, Vengeance, and Ascend are all quite different from each other.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

For some reason I thought November. But you're right Anreill... February for Witcher 3. Still, DA:I is November.

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts Digital. I'm open for trying it if you say it is a really good game, but not if it's just OK. Wait, I take that back, if it takes over for Dota at the lan I'm in! No matter how bad it sucks Smile

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

Having watched and read more about it. Unless basically everyone at the LAN is playing it, I'm not touching it. The fancy dodging pales in comparison to Titanfall's movement and is in many ways a gimped version of UT's dodge mechanic. The gameplay is basically just pure chaos. The only thing CoD had left was that combat was somewhat tactical, that's been completely removed.

Also, peer to peer servers. No dedicated. The biggest and most common complaint I've seen has been connection issues. The lag compensation for high ping players is quite insane. Here's a fun example:

Link

Not to mention the lack of attention to detail on the PC version. You have to do a running slide that requires sprint+crouch during the campaign. The key combo during the event pops up and says to press C while sprinting. Toggle crouch is bound by default. This combo requires hold to crouch, which apparently should be on C, but is unbound by default.

Edit: I keep having to edit this to add more shit as I remember it... Spawns are still fucked up (if not worse.) Guy spawns, runs a bit. Another player spawns behind him and kills him. He respawns DIRECTLY behind the guy that just killed him and gets a revenge knife.

Link

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:44 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Fuuuuuuuk - all these new games SUCK.

And that spawn looks as fucked up as Titanfall's......

I think the next hot LAN game will be Rainbow 6: Siege or GTA V. GTA V is going to be fucking insane fun.

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:59 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: Fuuuuuuuk - all these new games SUCK.

And that spawn looks as fucked up as Titanfall's......

I think the next hot LAN game will be Rainbow 6: Siege or GTA V. GTA V is going to be fucking insane fun.

GTA5 possibly, might see my comment on the AC:Unity post. Ubisoft has pulled all their upcoming games from Steam, if they don't backtrack that will mean R6 is only available through Uplay.

Not to mention it'll probably be locked to 30fps because it's cinematic. Fuck Ubisoft.

Last edited by Anreill on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

I like it. There are issues, just like with any game, but, I didn't expect it to be anything spectacular, and that's the key here. It's good, mindless fun. not REALLY worth the 59$ price tag, but, it's not coming down anytime soon. I'll end up with 400+ hours played on it (unlike that shitty ghosts), so I'd say that's a fair price.

If you are looking for a well polished 100% mechanically sound game, this isn't it. If you expect it to be the second coming of christ, you're going to be sorely disappointed. BUT, If you are looking for something to just jump into and shoot some people and have a little fun, you could do worse. I've played half the Spacey story and a bout 15 hours of multiplayer, unless it takes a big, huge, steaming, shit. I'll keep playing it.

Edit: Or til the DLC comes out and I just decided it's not interesting enough to buy and I can no longer find matches.

Post Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:44 am  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

So Steam put CoD Advanced Warefare & Digital Pro on sale for this weekend. What is the final verdict on this game? Anyone playing? I am game to buy it if we will get some game action in more than one LAN...

Sale ends 12/15/2014
25% Off Regular
20% off Digital Pro

Post Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I'll wait till the winter sale 12-18 to see if they discount it more. It looks like Titanfall without robots...same jumpy mess though.

Post Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:00 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: