FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > NE1 watching the dota 2 champs?

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

NE1 watching the dota 2 champs?  Reply with quote  

Just wonderin...

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I have been. I'm getting very addicted to it too. The game is amazingly complex and I have a new found respect for it. It is very easy to watch the tournament. Twitch.tv has the feed and dota2.com has a the back log of matches. The commentary is great and the games are very intense. If you are in game you can download the replay with commentary and watch from in the game. This gives a great feel for the game as you can drive what you see, change camera to follow your favorite players, both locked on the player or from their perspective... or you can follow the directed camera. It is easy to jump back 10 seconds or to scan the match.

(very small spoiler contained below)

I HIGHLY as in REALLY HIGHLY recommend watching the NaVi vs TongFu matches from Friday: http://www.dota2.com/international/mainevent/schedule/friday/. The first and third matches were incredible. Dendi plays Pudge in both of those matches and is MURDEROUS with the hook. He starts pulling to the base, using a Valve approved tactic, and it is sooooo intense to watch. Their 3rd match is by far my favorite but I've enjoyed every single match I've watched. I also REALLY like how the match page works. You can browse it in game and out of game, from in game you can watch the replays, and it won't spoil watch by showing you the winner until you ask the page to.

If you have 30 minutes, watch that 3rd match!!

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I've been on and off watching it. Warframe and Firefall both have events going on, and they ahve largely grabbed my attention, but I've been watching a match or two during mealtimes.

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I really have to get to playing this game. My co-worker at work is very into it and evidently is a very good player (he keeps a live feed of games he's watching on one of his computers like all the freakin time, heh). He said he would bring me up to speed on it if I wanted him to show me around. I think watching this stuff is helpful. The only daunting thing is the number of heros... I don't think my old brain can keep up with so many things to remember.

I just need to jump in and start playing I guess, heh.

Post Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Each player takes a little to get find how they should and shouldn't be used. I think focusing on a single player for at least a few games would be best. Watching these tournaments also gives a good view of which heroes excel in different playing styles.

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I started the tutorial, game seems fun...

Post Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:29 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

The 3rd match on Sunday for Orange vs Na'Vi... WHAT AN AMAZING GAME!!! I haven't watched the finals yet but that match was super intense. I plan to buy a Na'Vi jersey for "Sports Day" at my new job. Too geeky?

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:58 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Sevnn wrote: ... I plan to buy a Na'Vi jersey for "Sports Day" at my new job. Too geeky?

No way! LOL thats awesome! Smile

I watched the Friday navi games 1 and 3. I think the announcer guy said it best during game 3: "If you loose every battle you're in that you don't land a fountain hook, you shouldn't win the game." I think he said this when Navi was way down and on the ropes and gyrocopter got the aegis, thinking it was all but over for Navi. Then like a minute later FOUNTAIN HOOK'ed gyrocopter... that one battle turned the game from almost lost to almost won for Navi. Evidently its hard to pull off a fountain hook, but damn... One move had a huge impact on the game.

I bet during the hand shaking after, TongFu was like "F$&kin cheaters... " LOL

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:06 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

OK... This = HILARIOUS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkHVLeR72b4

I seriously was crying from laughing so hard...

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

That was AWESOME.

Link

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:45 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: