FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Mat 20th Moore Tornado: Check in, let us know if you're okay

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Mat 20th Moore Tornado: Check in, let us know if you're okay  Reply with quote  

As the title says.

I'm okay, It went a good bit north of my parent's house, thankfully.

Per facebook, I know Menos is alive and well, but his house is pretty much gone. I have one friend who lost her house, but her and her children are alive. I have another friend that got out in time, but last I heard from him he wasn't sure if his house was still there or not.

Really sobering day. One has to wonder what, if any, connection there is with Moore and these super-tornados. That's 3 giants in 14 years. They're horrific no matter what or where they hit, but one can't help but note the correlation. Sad

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was in around, or had homes in the area, and hope you all made it out safely.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 2:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I am awesome!

Post Tue May 21, 2013 4:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I guess everyone else was hit by the tornado...

It was a nice thought though Drix.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 12:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

I made it through way way way up north.

Post Wed May 22, 2013 1:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

They thought it was heading to my neighborhood at first but it went further south.

We knew storms were likely, and since we have no storm shelter, our plan was for my wife to come up to my office at the first sign of danger. I work in the basement so we have plenty of protection.
Well the first sign that it was a dangerous storm was huge hail, she couldn't even see the tree in the front yard, and she couldn't drag four little kids out in that.
I about worried myself into some vomiting, stuck at work watching it grind too close to my family.

My wife's cousin's house is totaled, but she and her kids were in Norman, thankfully.

Needless to say I'm on the waiting list for a storm shelter now.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 9:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'm good, sorry, don't make it by here as much as I used to. Smile I live in NW OKC.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: