FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > MAGIC THE GATHERING!?!??! DRAFT?!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Applepi
My Pi Is Tasty

MAGIC THE GATHERING!?!??! DRAFT?!  Reply with quote  

If I were to buy a booster box who would be interested in a Draft tourny at the lan? $20 buy in and winner get 6 Boosters. Let me know before tomorrow so I can buy the box.

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Eh... not sure how many of us actually play Magic the Gathering. And if we did it'd probably be the electronic one, Ap-3.14. I used to play in high school. Back around when Ice Age was one of the running series. But I got out of it as a hobby, as it was eating into my life, studies, and a healthy paintball habit at the time.

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Norrec69
Sand Filter

I'd be in. But I prefer to do it on the digital game. Be better in real cards though because I dont have the game downloaded yet.

Last edited by Norrec69 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
C
TheLetterShe

If you could get enough people interested, I would totally play a sealed tournament at the lan.

Post Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Geeze I loved MTG. I have WAY too many complete sets from the 90's. LOL I nerded out WAY big time on MTG but it seemed to fall out of favor with the people I hung out with faster than a whore with herpes.

I haven't played since 2000 or 2001. Would love to play again but I stopped playing when things just became way too overly complicated and "blue control" decks were the only way you could win a tourney. Really took the fun and variety out of the game to tap a water and say "no I don't allow you to do that". Variety being one of the great things about the game before all that started happening.

I have 20 or so just for fun decks that I built for parties to pass out to people that are pretty balanced and a few decks that I used to play in tourneys with that if played right are pretty tough to beat. (that is until all these expansion sets came out that allowed some pretty terrible blue control decks to be built that are were pretty much unstoppable). That's when I got out.

Unfortunately I have no idea anymore about the "worth" of cards. I know that my "fun party decks" have what used to be some fairly expensive and rare cards in them so I would be a little reluctant to pass them out to people I don't know. heh (no offense intended, I've just been burned by people at tourneys taking my 1st ed. moxes and stuff)

Gosh I'd love to play a sealed tourney with you all but thats pretty much all I'd play if I showed up, lol.

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:32 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: