FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Air Buccaneers HD

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Air Buccaneers HD  Reply with quote  

HEY GOAHED! GUESS WHAT!!
AIR BUCCA-FREAK'N-NEERS
http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airbuccaneers/

Link

They're following the Minecraft, "Please buy a copy early to help fund us while we dev" model.
See http://www.ludocraft.com/games/airbuccaneers/shop/
So you can buy a copy now, but they have an Open Alpha going on as well, so you can even try what they have so far before you buy. I've not tried it yet, but the original was an awesome UT2004 mod. You had to have plenty of people playing, as bots did not work, but it was still awesome. We'll see if they can revive it. If they can, that'd be awesome.

...so far, 2012 is looking to be very promising on the new games front.

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Would be nice if they would make a UT2012......this was a fun mod, big learning curve but fun as hell!

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Last I saw they were working on a new version of the unreal engine... No word on a Game or not. I know they got the UNreal 3 engine working in browsers, so I figure they'll at least partially tool the new engine for that purpose. But if you've seen the Chrome alpha of Airmech (http://okgg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13114), that may not be such a bad thing. Though I know I'm eating my original words on the whole "games in browser" thing.

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

BF3 is about as close to "game in browser" I want!!!!!!

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

No disagreement here. And the way BF3 executed it was fairly well done. But I've seen the Unreal engine in browser. It was a proof of concept piece, but it was a darn convincing one. Wish I could find it again to share. Sad

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: