FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > News and Updates > Time to sign-up

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Time to sign-up  Reply with quote  

There is less than two weeks before the next LAN. If you haven't signed up yet please do so. We need to have a good idea of how many are coming. We only have seven signed up so far and we need at least 10 to even host a LAN. What happened to the 16 player sign-ups? Is everyone busy or something??? Just curious.

There are lots of new games like HomeFront, DogFighter, Need For Speed Shift 2 Unleashed, etc. Without 10 players we really do more work than it's worth to set up and tear down. And last minute signups make it hard to estimate what to set-up. If you are coming, please sign-up to let us know. Thank you!

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I will be there for sure this time. Not sure if I'll have any of the new games, but I'll be there at the least.

EDIT: I grabbed Homefront and Shift 2 and already had Dogfighter so I'll see you bitches there.

EDIT2: I also pre-ordered the Portal 2 two-pack so if anyone wants to buy the second copy for $40 you can save $5 off the pre-order which comes with a copy of the original Portal. I'll also be giving away my copy of Portal so if anyone knows someone that wants it let me know.

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Man thats crazy I have a couple copies of portal as well that need adoption Wink

As for low sign ups.....maybe Dan should offer free reach arounds' to bring the numbers up Very Happy

Post Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Zyxion
n00b

dont forget its the LAN's 8th anniversary!

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Zyxion wrote: dont forget its the LAN's 8th anniversary!

How do you figure?? I've been coming since 2001 (It's hard to believe it's been A Decade for me personally). And I know it's older than ten years. The years there was the unified LAN with the ELG were still years we existed.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

I can trace my attendance all the way back to 1997 at Cobra (Jim Bode)'s house. That was the precursor to the OLP. By my measure that makes 14 years.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Drix wrote:
Zyxion wrote: dont forget its the LAN's 8th anniversary!

How do you figure?? I've been coming since 2001 (It's hard to believe it's been A Decade for me personally). And I know it's older than ten years. The years there was the unified LAN with the ELG were still years we existed.

Inaugural OKGG photos here:
http://www.okgg.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=849

Gothead Mademyda was running the OLP at the end, it was just a matter of time.

Back when people still gamed with Win2K!

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I think I miss CRTs.

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

OLP Baybee!

We need an OG OLP picture post.....fucking classic pics! Huge towers, 21" CRT's.....Despites POS home brew water cooled system.....the computer that was in a fire.....kos's wookie!

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Zyxion
n00b

I was just going off the old schedules.

Unless my math is just effing off.

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:06 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I was not running the OLP at the end. Nimda and I were minions of Tim's and he shut down the LAN at 1am after the March 2003. I was the only one left at the LAN so I called Nimda and a few others. We managed to revive it as a new LAN called OKGG.

DaFragsta set us up a temporary forum and we brought up a new site, logo and forum from the ashes.

We had a really good attendance on the first LAN. Historical lists of the LAN dates are still shown on the details page FYI.

8 years is longer than the Oklahoma City LAN Party lasted so GG! Menos was one of the OG's that played at the first OKC LAN Parties aka OLP.

So now that the history lesson is done, and to prevent yet another LAN Party closure, SIGN THE HELL UP!!!!!

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

10th!

Finally going to be able to make it!
I hope we can mix in some BadCompany2 if people are up for it.

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

hell yeah I am down for some BC2

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

As an I!!!

Post Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

I'm in.... for now.....

Post Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: