FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > CSS

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

CSS  Reply with quote  

I am new to CSS. I was looking for something that I could edit CSS visually preferably. At least get a preview of what I am doing. Any ideas?

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:28 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Dual monitors and hit save and refresh alot. Dreamweaver or anything that incorporates include files in realtime with autocomplete and whatnot are a big help for learning this stuff I think.

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Killaholic

Yea, that is pretty much what I have been doing. I just don't have the Adobe Systems for my Mac. I like CSS. Just lots to learn about it.

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Use FireFox + Firebug (http://getfirebug.com/). Right click anything on the page and choose "Inspect Element". Firebug will show you the source code, the css properties, and allow you to alter both. It also allows you to debug javascript and watch the network transmissions between your browser and the server.

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:52 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Killaholic

Thanks.

Post Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

second sevnn's sentiments. learn to hand code it. a lot of the wysiwyg editors a pure crap, dreamweaver included.

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I learned HTML/CSS using UltraEdit and browser refresh. No preview windows, no WYSIWYG, no drag and drop. Doing it "the old fashion way" gets you much closer to the markup and affords you a much better understanding of what is going on. I can look at the markup of a reasonably complex page and have a pretty decent idea of how it is going to render. Firebug would have saved me loads of time though without sacrificing the learning.

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Killaholic

I'll take a look at ultra edit. I know it is just experience like every other computer deal. I am going to study CSS a lot more. I have been enjoying it.

Post Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: