FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Any ricer tuners in OKC? Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Shinare.....just keep the yaris as is, and for the money you would spend to tune it, go buy a cheap muscle car and fix it up. Cheaper and funer!

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:40 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

go buy an old 4x4, surely there are some offroad trails/ranches/parks nearby okc. it's a lot more fun if you will get something with lockers so you can ensure good even traction at crawling speeds. I'd recommend an older jeep, 4runner, or blazer to start with.

a fast street vehicle is certainly fun, but pissy cops aren't.

Post Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

The.Real.Cast wrote: go buy an old 4x4, surely there are some offroad trails/ranches/parks nearby okc. it's a lot more fun if you will get something with lockers so you can ensure good even traction at crawling speeds. I'd recommend an older jeep, 4runner, or blazer to start with.

a fast street vehicle is certainly fun, but pissy cops aren't.

What he said........

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Ya know, the 4x4 idea doesn't sound like a half bad idea. in 6-7 years I'm going to be getting something for my son anyway. Could get something like that now and we work on it together and have fun with it, then give it to him when the time comes....

Course a 16 year old probably shouldn't have anything too cool like that. I was thinking a long the same lines what I got for my daughter which was a 2003 Ford Taurus. Maybe a Volvo station wagon.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:45 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

ahhh.....Found memories of my first car.....a 300 dollar transplanted mutant of an 86 Ford Taurus station wagon Very Happy

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Just remember the size of the back seat when picking out kids cars...
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

detox wrote: Just remember the size of the back seat when picking out kids cars...

yeah, gotta have room for them to put a carseat back there

Very Happy

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

You can pick up a Jeep Cherokee for ~1500 in decent condition. The nice thing about the Cherokee instead of say a wrangler is the Cherokee is totally enclosed which means A/C. A big plus in OK. If you are seriously thinking about that path give me a shout out and swing by the next LAN and take a look at my rig.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

Abel Racing in MWC can probably help you out. I've gone to them for some stuff for my car, they're real cool.

They have a dyno for tuning and do turbo installs.

http://www.abelracing.com/

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:24 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: