FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Netflix free 1 month trial

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Netflix free 1 month trial  Reply with quote  

I just signed up, what are some good movies to watch? I've been out of the movie watching world for a while.

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

You should try to watch every movie people list, within reason.

Sons of Anarchy series

The Hangover

Sneakers

Hot Tub Time Machine

Star Trek (the newest one since it's the only one I enjoy enough to watch multiple times)
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

So I thought of a couple off the top of my head and then just went through my movies drives and picked some good ones that are all mostly recent.

Get Him to The Greek - Just watched this the other day, pretty funny movie.

Iron Man 1/2 - Way over the top action and that's pretty much it. Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlett Johanson WOOF!

Defendor - Not what I expected and it was really good.

Ghost Town -

Green Zone - Good movie, not super amazing but good.

I Love You Phillip Morris - Hilarious!

Invictus - I almost cried, Morgan Freeman can make any movie epic. It also doesn't hurt watching a movie about rugby because rugby is tight.

Kick-Ass - This movie totally surprised me, it's fucking awesome.

RocknRolla - Guy Ritchie movie, and a good one.

Secretary - This is an oddball movie, not really sure what to say about it except just read the imdb description of it.

She's Out of My League - This movie goes over the top on alot of things but it is still really really funny.

Sherlock Holmes - Another Guy Ritchie movie but obviously based around Sherlock Holmes. It's awesome, 'nuff said.

The Blind Side - I cried, I won't lie.

The Departed - This movie is kind of intense but it is so well done.

Up in the Air - Interesting and funny movie. Not really sure about the ending, but I enjoyed watching it 2 or 3 times.

Whip It - Drew Barrymore's directing premier and it turned out really well. Ellen page plays a girl who is in beauty pageants and shit and then learns about roller derby. AWESOME!

Yes Man - Awesome movie

Zombieland - I'm not much for zombie movies but this movie is fucking hilarious and awesome!

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

there is a good doc on the dark ages on there

dollhouse
firefly
Mr. Mom

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Lol....I second watching "The Secretary"

Laughing

Post Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I enjoyed The SEcretary but it's definately not for the kids.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I just unsigned up after receiving 5 discs in a row that don't work. Even receiving the same disc I sent back in once after reporting it as damaged and unreadable.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

In my 4 years of having netflix I have only had 1 disc that was damaged to the point it wouldn't read. Are you sure your dvd player isn't fritzing out?

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

Have not been with netflix all that long but have watched over 10 dvd's and have not had an issue with any of them.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

i was with them a few years and had 1 bad disk and 1 disk that never showed up. they resolved both issues immediately. i was very impressed with their service.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I've played them in multiple dvd players, I have 3 in different computers. All bad. They have all been Burn Notice episodes. I marked a disc in a specific spot after suspecting I had received the same disc back previously. They've never been a problem for me before. I underutilize my subscription anyway, and that is more the reason for cancellation than any other fact.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

You should have just gotten my Burn Notice distro of Red Hat 720p and used it while you had the discs in hand for maximum stretching of the law.

Post Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

The last disk I received was dirty, but simply wiping it down fixed the issue I had with it.

Post Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:31 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: