FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Classifieds > Looking for a reliable used car ASAP

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Looking for a reliable used car ASAP  Reply with quote  

My daughter needs transportation and is pretty much broke, but her 2000 Mercury Sable blew the engine yesterday. Anyone got a reliable and decent condition car for sale. Needs to be a four door probably. I will most likely have to buy it for her and let her pay us back Sad

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

I keep on seeing that blue car on the north side of NW Expressway everytime we go to the turnpike, it has $600 written on the window.

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'll sell you my car for $19,850.

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

Define... blew the engine.... Probably drop a junkyard motor in for about $700 if you have the time and tools.

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Bobacus: Checked out the one on NW Expressway...needs a motor too Neutral

Dan: Make it $2000

Menos, I'm not willing to do the work. The shop it is in said thay will pay her $1000 as is and fix it themselves for a donation to their church or to give to one of their kids. Blue book is about $2500 to $3000.

Thing is she has no money and needs transportation. We can probably pay betweek $2000 and $2500 for a car, with the $1000 the shop is offering....

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/1825869061.html

Oh yea.

Post Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

If you're going for high mileage cars, rolling your dice with an old camry or accord is generally safer than an american made car from the 80-00 era. I hate to admit it because I do like to buy american, but sometimes its better just to get the rice burner and avoid constant repairs.

/last two toyotas have been tanks, only got rid of the solara because I needed 4 doors.

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:42 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

When buying a used car, it doesn't matter if it is american. You are not contributing to the US economy any more either way.

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:03 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Plunk wrote: When buying a used car, it doesn't matter if it is american. You are not contributing to the US economy any more either way.

Unless you're dumb enough to buy new parts from the manufacturer when the inevitable failures occur.

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Plunk wrote: When buying a used car, it doesn't matter if it is american. You are not contributing to the US economy any more either way.

Unless you get a loan to buy the used car.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:08 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

The loan for my car came from TFCU. Had I bought a Honda, it would have come from TFCU. So, I'm not sure why a loan makes a difference. You can get a loan from a bank with operations overseas for an american car too.

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Plunk wrote: The loan for my car came from TFCU. Had I bought a Honda, it would have come from TFCU. So, I'm not sure why a loan makes a difference. You can get a loan from a bank with operations overseas for an american car too.

The loan contributes to the economy in both cases.
Re: "You are not contributing to the US economy any more either way."

Post Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Goat, check the ok-speed forums, they are mostly local and a lot of Hondas and other makes come through there cheap: http://www.ok-speed.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:24 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: