FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Sad state of affairs. Goto page Previous  1, 2

I don't come to the LAN anymore because....
I do, what are you talking about?
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
I have to work Saturdays
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
I can't afford the hugh $15 fee for 12 hours of game play!
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
I am tired of LANs
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
I have a beef with the way things are being run now. See below.
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Max
If it ain't Over Clocked, it's CRAP!

as has always been the case with our lans i work saturdays til 5. the earliest i can show up for a lan is 6pm IF i don't have other plans. i'm not much of a gamer. i haven't played a single game of anything in several months. i enjoy the heated instagib ctf games when i do make it to lans, but for the most part i am bored of games completely. they never hold my interest. i don't like tournaments, except to watch. i only game for fun not for competition.

if i didn't have to work every single saturday without ANY chance of getting off i would probably come more often, even if i still felt the same way about gaming.

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:08 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Ender wrote: I can not go this month because honestly, I do NOT have the 15 dollars. I am waiting on a Sony rebate check for 20 bucks, SO I CAN HAVE GAS MONEY. Being out of a job sucks. Sad If I had the money, I would go. Fall break is that week end too, so time is not a factor, just money.

DUDE! I'll Friggin pay your way!!! Seriously. PMing you some details, in case you need a ride or something similar to that. Pack your stuff. You're gaming! And I refuse to allow you to pay me back!!!

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Ender
Creasey's art is death.

By the grace of God, I think I just might be able to go to the lan!!!! Very Happy Very Happy My gf gave me the ok and is going to loan me a few bucks!!! But thank you Drix for the offer, I hope to meet you at the lan Smile

Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

I havent made it to an OKGG since... god.. its been March? Mabey before then.... I work on saturdays.. plus the 150 mile each way isnt something I usualy look forward to.

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
warenb
Mr. Punctuation

Dont you just hate it when you find something cool to do (lanparty) after you move away like 154 miles/2:10 minutes from where its at? Confused . Maby when I graduate and go to a college down there I can have some fun.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:30 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
izual
n00b

Too far and too much money. =/

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:26 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
lb
pwn3d

I haven't been to the lan since it was called olp lol. maybe I'll make it this month.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:45 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Robert
Dual Xeon's Pwn j0o!

Choosing weekends when there is a home OU football game probably doesn't help.

But for me, I identify with what "Maxvla" said in that I'm just bored with first person shooters right now.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:23 am  View user's profile Send private message
Max
If it ain't Over Clocked, it's CRAP!

Robert wrote: Choosing weekends when there is a home OU football game probably doesn't help.

But for me, I identify with what "Maxvla" said in that I'm just bored with first person shooters right now.

yeah.. i'll be at the kansas game saturday so i won't be able to come to the lan even if i wanted to.

and its not just FPS games, i'm bored with any type of game at the moment. might be fun to grab an xbox and get a college football game though.

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
aaearon
SmackTard that works at Quiznos.

Maxvla wrote: and its not just FPS games, i'm bored with any type of game at the moment. might be fun to grab an xbox and get a college football game though.

i got an xbox with ncaa 2004 and 2005 on it if someone wants to bring a tv..

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Daneth
pwn3d

Shinare wrote: I was being feset... fiseci.... fah-see-shish.

Smile

facetious?

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:52 am  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

Daneth wrote:
Shinare wrote: I was being feset... fiseci.... fah-see-shish.

Smile

facetious?

repost....

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message
aaearon
SmackTard that works at Quiznos.

i forgot to add i would also be interested in playing football, pro or college and then some halo 2

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
PsYch0
Didn't you see me at the LAN?

Re: Sad state of affairs.  Reply with quote  

Goahed Makemyda wrote: It amazes me that out of all the people who frequent this forum and talk about games that we only have 7 players signed up for a LAN party this month. 7!!!! If we were NOT a part of the ELG right now that wouldn't even make a big enough LAN to overload my house.

The ELG sign-up is down too with only 21 players signed up. Boy I miss the days of getting together and playing with a group of my friends. The OLP and OKGG used to have 40-50 players most months, now with two major groups we can't even get over 30!!!! It takes 50 just to pay the bills.

If sign-up does not increase over the next months we may see the end of LAN parties in the OKC area. Let's not let that happen...sign up, bring a friend. Let's get back together for some good times.

hey maybe some of us cant sign up because we are vacationing in canada/europe

Post Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Can I revote? I'd like to cast it for 4 (dsl) and 5(keep reading).

see:
http://okgg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1267

Just for the record, LC could never replace Despite.

VIVA LA LC
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Tue May 04, 2010 9:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Holy Thread resurrection, Batman. Shocked

Post Thu May 06, 2010 10:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

detox wrote: Can I revote? I'd like to cast it for 4 (dsl) and 5(keep reading).

see:
http://okgg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1267

Just for the record, LC could never replace Despite.

VIVA LA LC

Don't start. If nothing else LC deserved it for the simple fact of being enough of an ass to start a thread about a private message he got from a staff member.

Post Fri May 07, 2010 8:49 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anreill wrote: Don't start. If nothing else LC deserved it for the simple fact of being enough of an ass to start a thread about a private message he got from a staff member.

I'm not staff, but definitely agreed.

Post Fri May 07, 2010 4:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: