FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Heroes of Newerth Open Beta!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Heroes of Newerth Open Beta!  Reply with quote  

I posted about this before to very little reception, but I am hoping that some more of you will get interested in this game now that it is nearing open beta!

Heroes of Newerth is a RTS game based on the Warcraft 3 mod Defense of the Ancients, or DotA. It brings with it ALOT of big improvements over the original and current DotA incarnation that is severely hindered by the fact that it is a mod for another game and is limited in many ways because of it.

The latest patch brought with it one of, in my opinion, the greatest things to happen to the DotA genre which is a full blown guided tutorial. The achilles heel of getting people into the game has been the steep learning curve when playing by yourself but I think that this will help overcome that in a better way than telling people to go read guides on www.playdota.com/learn.

Anyhow, Wednesday signals the start of Open Beta and I hope to see more of you try it out!

www.heroesofnewerth.com

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

hmmm.....may give it a try.....

thanks for the heads up

Post Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

9pm tonight the Open Beta starts! I'm down for playing this any time, just get me on Steam or AIM. More than happy to teach people how to play.

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: