FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > Hey all.. again.. for the umpteenth time :)

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
BladeRunner
n00b

Hey all.. again.. for the umpteenth time :)  Reply with quote  

I hope you guys remember me, even though I only drop in like once every 2 years hehe. I really do long for the good ole days of LANing once a week so hopefully soon I will be able to make it up to one of your events.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm really struggling getting the motivation to pack up my full tower PC and all the stuff... I browsed newegg for Shuttle barebones but nothing seems appealing.. Any recommendations? I'm toying with the idea of just getting a laptop with a nice video card for easy LANing but it almost feels like blasphemy given my background hehe Smile

I haven't LAN'd for real since probably 04 or 05 whenever the last time Adam was in town and hosted. But after attending QC 2009 (I've always wanted to go but finally actually did it) and seeing lots of old friends and looking out across that BYOC area... I'm finally going to make a real effort to LAN again Smile

Most recently been following SC2 beta news on TL on a daily basis, getting really pumped about playing that competitively for fun and following the pro scene. SC was probably the first game I really tried hard to get good at.. and Q3 quickly took all my attention away from it Smile

Anyway looking forward to seeing some of you I haven't seen in a while and meeting new people, soon. I have BFBC2 so I'm ready to play Smile

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:37 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

You missed the SC2 beta key giveaway at the last LAN.

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

Doh Smile I got lucky and got one a couple weeks ago though... Put my wife's crappy laptop specs in and apparently that's what they were looking for Smile

I'm KBeta.saihoma on there, I actually watch people play more than play myself, so I'm not too great. But we should 2v2 sometime! Smile

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message
BladeRunner
n00b

And just noticing Goahead's site, I didn't realize he was still a distributor Smile Hmm maybe I can get a price list or recommendation on a new LAN box

Post Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message
BladeRunner
n00b

Alright dumb question. Internet is provided for steam/updates/etc right? Sorry I haven't been to a real LAN in a while Smile

I may have myself and one more coming ready to play some BFBC2, Q3 CTF, and anything else what's going on.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Yeah, we get 2mb down. I'm normally out of date on steam games until I LAN.

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: