FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > New to the scene...

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Petch
n00b

New to the scene...  Reply with quote  

Hey Fellas, I just moved to OKC about 6 months ago (took a job at Tinker). I didn't realize there was any LAN groups around, until I flew back to PA for my yearly LAN and picked up the CPU magazine in the swag bags that we were giving out and saw that you guys were in there!

I am currently a staff member for FITES (www.fites.net) and I'm usually responsible for all the network happenings. We just held our annual "big" LAN which was advertised for 200 people, but we brought in more than that with our walk-ins. We also hold semi-monthlies that are anywhere from 20-50 people, but I don't plan to be part of many of them in the near future.

I usually play just about anything, but I mainly play CS:S, L4D2, and TF2. Once my system gets back from the east coast (still in transit) I'll be loading up BF BC2.

I'm sure I'll be dropping by one of the LANs when I get a chance, but I see this month is already booked full.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Hi.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Swing by with your gear anyway. We may be full but it's pretty common for a few people that are signed up not to show up. Even if the turnout is full we can get you a spot, just have to do a bit of rearranging. Go ahead and sign up, it'll put you on the waiting list.

Something nobody seems to remember, if we have people on the waiting list and someone that's on the main list hasn't shown up by noon, they technically forfeit their seat unless they've paid ahead of time. Not something we really enforce mainly because it never really seems to become an issue. People trickle in and we always find space.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Very awesome that the lan is full again! New location FTW!

You all missing the *dried piss* smell yet??? Smile

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Petch
n00b

Im signed up, and as long as my gear shows up in one piece I'll be there.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Weeee

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Welcome. Glad you signed up! I will PM you my cell phone number so you can check to see if the seat is open....

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Brules wrote: Very awesome that the lan is full again! New location FTW!

You all missing the *dried piss* smell yet??? Smile

Move back to OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Petch
n00b

Goahed Makemyda wrote: Welcome. Glad you signed up! I will PM you my cell phone number so you can check to see if the seat is open....

Alright I'll look for the PM.

Post Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Petch
n00b

I got some bad news fellas. I got my system on Friday and the mobo is toast. When I pulled my system out all the PCI-E/PCI cards were out of the slots and smashin off the mobo and the fan on my heatsink came off and was loose in the case.

The system wouldnt boot at first after I re-seated everything; eventually I got it to post (with some jerry riggin), but whenever I go to play any games the video crashes (can still hear the sound playing and working in the background). I run Crossfire, so I tried using 1 card in each 16x slot alone and got the same results.

I started the claim process this morning, but its already not sounding too good and also sounds like it'll be several weeks until I get paid (if I get paid). So I'd say the odds of me making this LAN is slim, unless I get my GFs old system up and running. I planned on building a new rig in the near future, but not this near....

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:17 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Sorry to hear that man. Good luck with the brokenness. I recently unplugged my powersupply and now have to replace it because of a short.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

That sucks, hopefully you can get up and running soon.

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:22 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Petch
n00b

I might start purchasing my new system (mini-LAN box) and just use the insurance money I get to put towards it. This way I can get a system back up and running sooner than later, then I can just part out my old system and get rid of everything but the mobo.

Has anyone built any micro boxes in the past? Any issues using cases like Shuttle, etc?

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:33 am  View user's profile Send private message
Stealth
I Read Insults for Dummies & Still Fail.

shittle

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Petch
n00b

Stealth wrote: shittle

Taste the asshole... err rainbow?!?

Post Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:57 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: