FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Classifieds > SOLD!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

SOLD!  Reply with quote  

So I just bought a 5970. Yes, yes I did. That means it's time to let go of the BFG GTX 295s that have served me so well Sad

They will likely still be in my PC for the LAN this saturday if you're interested in seeing what kind of performance they can dish out. They are in pristine condition and incredibly enough, not ever once overclocked as I was waiting for waterblocks to do that. Overclocking just my i7 920 I put up over 32k in 3DMark Vantage, in almost every benchmark so far they still best the 5870 just slightly.

I am told that the BFG and XFX 295s overclock particularly well, even without waterblocks, but be prepared to beef up the cooling to the side of the cards. If you're interested let me know.

Asking $380 per card. I have both boxes and all accessories, even the invoice from Dell where they were purchased. Both cards are registered through me with BFG and I will honor any RMA necessary on your behalf.

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=33666

TRADES
- Q9400 or better Core 2 Quad for a friend
- GTX 260 or better single GPU nVidia card for PhysX

Last edited by Nikola on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

What level were those vantage benchies? Shocked....even running overclocked on my 285's I only managed 18k on the High preset.

And while tempting for an upgrade I am waiting for the FERMI Nvidia cards to upgrade....

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I remember hitting 24k on my SLI'ed 285s before I upgraded. I wouldn't think that the difference between your Q9550 and my i7 920 and your DDR2 and my DDR3 would be that pronounced.

EDIT: Ok, now I see what you're talking about when you asked what level on Vantage. I only run the default preset as it's by far the most widely used, both in competition and in comparisons.

Post Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Sweet deal, wish I had the cash-ola to take you up on it. Runnin 4 GPU's in a GPU2 Folding@Home situation would seriously rack up some PPD!

Edit: is your case ready for a 12.2" card?

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:30 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I've got a little over 20" of clearance for video cards Very Happy

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

awesome!

Post Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I'm shopping for a GTX 285/280/275/260 to be my PhysX card alongside my 5970(s). Anyone interested in trading their card + cash is greatly welcomed to send me a PM!

Also, Vince, I ran 3DMark Vantage at the High preset this morning with everything stock, cpu/ram/gpu/etc.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/2769/3dmarkvantagehighstock.jpg

Post Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:22 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

wow... i didnt think quad sli was that effective.....although that still says performance preset Very Happy

I'll run mine in performance tonight and see what i get...In the meantime here is my high preset score.....

http://98.174.172.70/imagehosting/285sliocvantagehigh.png

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:36 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I cannot for the life of me see where it says on mine what preset it is on, but I assure you it was on the High preset.

Also, wtf is that benchmark doing in the middle of that wallpaper, move it to the side plz.

EDIT: OH, duh, the P/H at the beginning of the benchmark numbers. Wow I am retarded. I will probably get another chance to bench them before I ship them off. My other 5970 should arrive this Wednesday and I plan to bench with both 5970s and one of the 295s for PhysX.

EDIT2: I actually kind of imagine the 295s will further pull away just because of the higher amount of ram available for the higher res textures. Just guesstimation tells me that your cards, and mine as well, would be bottlenecked at the performance preset by our respective CPUs since they will hold the performance back at the lower resolution.

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:00 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

that would make sense and is very possible.....It would have been interesting if I had put a third 285 in though Very Happy . I am just curious on just how much difference it will make....

Here is my performance score.....not to shabby for only 2 GPU's Very Happy

http://98.174.172.70/imagehosting/vantageperformance.jpg

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Not bad at all, really the only reason for the Quad-SLI is the 30" LCD. At 1920x1200 a single 295 ran everything I wanted, even Crysis, at more than acceptable levels. The extra vram really makes a huge dent in games when you are talking about double the number of pixels on screen and the higher res textures.

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Might have a buyer interested in your sexy cards man.....hit me up on steam or a message me when you can....

Post Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I suppose I should have said I sold these awhile back, thanks though.

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:23 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

yeah that would have helped Rolling Eyes

oh well.....its all good

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:34 am  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: