FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Politics & Religion > bush is talking... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

Seriously, everyone should look at Kucinich's issue stances. From every source I can find, he seems like the most genuine candidate in a long time, even if he is mildly... well... strange. What I want to know is why this is the first major candidate I've ever seen who talks seriously about things like universal healthcare, universal preschool (free daycare for ages 3-5), and universal undergraduate education. He also wants to get rid of BS like NAFTA so corporations will stop sending all our jobs to Mexico.

http://www.kucinich.us/

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

I will FULLY support reality TV Presidential elections, but maybe we ought to do it fear/factor combined with american idol style. We make them do the stupidest shit we can think of, then call in and vote for who we want elected.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

anyone know of any sites that offer a rundown on each democratic candidates' stances on issues, all gridded out so you can see all candidates at once and compare and contrast?

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

k_os wrote: anyone know of any sites that offer a rundown on each democratic candidates' stances on issues, all gridded out so you can see all candidates at once and compare and contrast?

Now what use could that possibly be....really?? Organized lies, they will solve all..... Smile

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

The.Real.Cast wrote: Seriously, everyone should look at Kucinich's issue stances. From every source I can find, he seems like the most genuine candidate in a long time, even if he is mildly... well... strange. What I want to know is why this is the first major candidate I've ever seen who talks seriously about things like universal healthcare, universal preschool (free daycare for ages 3-5), and universal undergraduate education. He also wants to get rid of BS like NAFTA so corporations will stop sending all our jobs to Mexico.

http://www.kucinich.us/

not too shabby. i like him.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Adrenaman
pwn3d

OK if you like bush, you have serious issues. That man has stolen more from the working American than even his daddy did. The people getting all pissy and cancelling their attendance are TWATS.

I was going to let the whole thing drop but after this comment by The.Real.Cast. I have changed my mind. If the staff or others of OKGG have the same views and voice utter disrespect for our President and use immature name calling then I will have no part of it. Do you even know me The.Real.Cast? I don?t think I know you. I take that comment as a personal attack. I never lashed out at anyone with my last post. I don?t need to explain myself but I will anyway. I served in the first Gulf War and I took great pride in my service. I lost three friends in the war. I was proud to serve my commander in Chief President George Bush. I fully supported him and our reasons for going to war. I once again support our current President. I also support this current war in Iraq. I feel so strongly about it that I am in the process of re-enlisting into the Army. I took my physical yesterday and all I am waiting on now is my waiver to be signed so I can ship out and become an Airborne Infantryman. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I feel some take it too far. I won?t get into a debate over politics. I will ask you one thing. What have you done for our country? Have you served? Have you helped preserve our freedom?

Last edited by Adrenaman on Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Yeah what the fuck is everyones problem with President Bush? If you don't like him that is you're problem but don't talk shit on him that makes it insulting to those that voted for him and admire what he is doing. I also agree that he is a good President and I WILL be voting for him again.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
blu
Step on my cubes.

I want to have butt sex.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message
The.Real.Cast

Ahh such misplaced loyalties. Be loyal to your country, that's fantastic. But blindly proclaiming Bush as anything remotely resembling a good president is... well... asinine.

Also, if you don't have the self control to keep from FLIPPING THE HELL OUT when someone jokes about Bush being a nazi corporate whore (he is btw), then I really don't think you should be carrying a firearm.

my contribution to the country and it's people?

not voting for money sluts like Mr Bush

I'm glad I'm an American where I have the freedom to say these things. Good thing no true patriots are trying to silence my opinions with rediculous guilt trips.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

I hear that Freedom of speech may one day cost us our Freedom because of some of the worthless shit people say these days. Oh well, keep on truckin'.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

Well... like it or not Adrenaman your protecting peoples right to say whatever the hell they want about the government and how its run.

Its called freedom of speech

"Article I. - Congress "shall make no law" respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or "abridging" the freedom of speech, or of the press; or "right" of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievance."

I served also, I also have a strong sense of patriotism. But patriotism isn't about just saying hail to the commander in chief. You should question the leadership. Its what the founding fathers wanted. Now I don't agree with name calling. But that is the way some people wish to express themselves and they have the right to do so as you have a right to disagree and choose to spend your time with or without the OKGG. Also, don't lump the views of one or two of the Staff with the rest of us. I like President Bush, that doesn't mean I like everthing that the administration has done. This is my favorite quote when it comes to politics and news.

"Keep this in mind: Everything we call 'news' is a mixture, in varying proportions, of selected facts, mistakes, lies, opinions, propaganda, and advertising. In other words, everybody has an angle, an agenda, a direction of spin. The best news sources are heavier on the factual side and light on the rest. But nobody is perfect. Don't believe anything that conflicts with your own knowledge, common sense, and logic." --Ron Kling

You should question everything...EVERYTHING. I agree that Sadam should have been removed... but I don't like the way it was sold to the American public.

Oh and everyone... chill the fuck out.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sagz
Jaeger Bomb!

Here is another quote that I love and from a man I respect.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." --Theodore Roosevelt

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinobi
Nowhere To be Found!

[myopinion]ok, since this is becoming a flame war rather than an intelligent conversation i'm gonna join in on it, fuck everybody that thinks differently than me. that is how some of you are acting. Moose, i consider you a friend of mine, but to say you wont buy something from Goahed based on an opinion he has, is just silly to me. maybe i'm missing something. Adrenaman, not coming to a lan because of someone's opinion is also beyond me. Now, i consider all you guys friends, and would hate to see you leave the lan over a few opinions about a President that might not be in office in the near future. is breaking up a friendships really worth that to you guys, if so.....then i'm truely sorry to hear that.[/myopinion]

Ripping apart SR20DET's sucks...

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
blu
Step on my cubes.

OK, so you guys are all a bunch of stupid fucking morons. I'm not talking to anyone based on their opinions, I'm talking to people who aren't capable of having a fucking intelligent debate. I have OPINIONS. You have OPINIONS. Everyone has OPINIONS. It may come as a surprise to some, maybe even a surprise to most, but My OPINIONS != Your OPINIONS. In fact, I bet you could take any 2 people on the face of the fucking planet, and their OPINIONS won't be EQUAL.

My OPINION: I don't know enough about specific politics involved in the war and Bush's decision to go to war. I don't know if the war(s) are right or justified or completely fucking insane. I don't know whether or not Clinton's politics caused 9-11 or Bush could have prevented it. I don't know whether or not we should attack first in order to keep someone from being able to wipe us off the face of the planet. I don't know if Iraq will ever recover from the current gulf war, or whether they will ever be truly democratic.

I DON'T FUCKING KNOW ANY OF THESE THINGS AND NEITHER DO YOU!!!!! However, I have opinions on some of them, and they are just that, opinions. If I say Bush is a piece of shit, or say that Clinton is a whore-monger, that is my opinion. I personally don't feel either of these statements is true. No matter what I say, it doesn't mean that I am right or that other people have my opinion or anything. It is each and every person's right to have an opinion.

This said, IT IS NOT YOUR FUCKING RIGHT TO TRY TO ANTAGONIZE PEOPLE FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING THEM WORKED UP. I don't give a shit what anyone's opinion is, I'll listen to it. I don't give a shit what your opinion is, YOU OUGHT to be braod minded enough to learn something from hearing anyone else's opinion. It is not appropriate to say shit and insult people just to piss them off. That is not the purpose of these forums. These forums are for INTELLIGENT discussion, not name calling, pissy-acting, refusing to listen to other's opinions, or thinking that they are a BAD PERSON just for having independent thoughts.

This is MY OPINION, not yours, so don't take it as fact or a reason for you not coming to a LAN party or a reason for you to not jerk your meat tonight, just take it for opinion.

[/rant]

BTW, this took awhile to write, so it is in no way related to any specific posts, just in general....

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message
The.Real.Cast

"I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe ? I believe what I believe is right." ?George W. Bush, Rome, July 22, 2001

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaman
pwn3d

I will admit that it was a fast not well thought out statement that I made about not coming to the next LAN party and immature on my part. I also think that statements made against President Bush are not intelligent and immature. The.Real.Cast in my opinion is very immature in every statement that he has said, he hasn?t said anything intelligent at all and hasn?t given any founded or well thought out opinion for me or anyone to consider or take seriously. But then again he has the right to speak foolishly and show his level intelligence to anyone as we all do because we are free and live in this great free country. Just don?t forget the people that have and are serving to make us free.

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

If he hasn't said anything worth replying to, then don't reply to it. It is as simple as that. If you don't say anything worth replying to, than I probably won't reply to you. It's EASY

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message
The.Real.Cast

I'd be happy to have an intelligent discussion about the virtues and shortcomings of the Bush administration, but based on the posts I've seen you make previously, I did not think it was likely. Therefore I responded with sarcasm.

I'm a redneck and a bit outspoken. I'd say the same thing face to face so I don't really feel the need to apologize.

You didn't seem to reply to any of the posts I made about my candidate of choice, but you brushed it off as nonsense and insult my intelligence.

I don't associate being in the military with defending the president. The military exists to protect the country.

/alleged dumbass out

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

way to officially hijack the topic, shinobi. hence, i've split the topic. Razz

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Shinobi wrote: [myopinion]ok, since this is becoming a flame war rather than an intelligent conversation i'm gonna join in on it, fuck everybody that thinks differently than me. that is how some of you are acting. Moose, i consider you a friend of mine, but to say you wont buy something from Goahed based on an opinion he has, is just silly to me. maybe i'm missing something. Adrenaman, not coming to a lan because of someone's opinion is also beyond me. Now, i consider all you guys friends, and would hate to see you leave the lan over a few opinions about a President that might not be in office in the near future. is breaking up a friendships really worth that to you guys, if so.....then i'm truely sorry to hear that.[/myopinion]

Hehe thats the smartest thing I have ever heard Shinobi say....can we verify that this post was typed from HIS ip address...??? Smile Maybe he paid someone to write it up for him!!!
Laughing

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:55 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: