FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Other Lan Parties > RE: AG LANS Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

So, why do no okgg ppl come to AG lans?
too far away?
37%
 37%  [ 6 ]
think your too cool for ag?
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
dont think we aare "Old" enough to run a good lan?
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
dont play games you want?
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
cause its in a basement?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
not enough gamers to make a fun lan?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
other? please tell why.
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

that's cool man. I'm not saying I'll never give one of your LANs a shot; God knows I'd love to be able to get my game on in Shawnee, and I ought to at least go to one before I condemn you as a clan. I'll get around there eventually, but certainly not the night before the okgg!

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TheDeadAvenger

yeah man thats cool. i know we are all gonna be tired as hell during okgg hehe. gotta love bawls though! keeps me going.
63.209.36.10:27015
CS 1.6

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

just do what shinobi does: stay up the WHOLE night before the okgg.... dumbass.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

I have a fairly major problem with someone saying that they are as mature as me that doesn't support themselves. I seriously doubt you pay rent, bills, etc. off of "from labor, to selling stuff, to ebay, to printing stuff". I'm not saying you aren't mature, I don't even know you, so don't take this the wrong way. I'm just saying that there is alot of maturity in supporting one's self.

That being said, I think that noone, except maybe GrandPaHed, is old enough to run a good LAN....Smile

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message
5][Havik

Yeah, you guys should give them a chance, I mean think about it, The Avengers come to your LAN, and I could almost guarentee you that if just one person came from okgg, they wld be happy. I know 5][ was for damn sure happy when Despite cam to ShaG. Hopefully, we made a real good impression so he will tell other people about us, that was our 1st LAN. And in Feb I guarentee you that we will have one hell of a LAN. And from what I hear the Ag LANs are getting better and better. So give us young people a chance!

Just my 2 cents
5][Havik

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 5:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

k_os wrote: just do what shinobi does: stay up the WHOLE night before the okgg.... dumbass.
Hmm, I only had 3 hours of combined sleep friday night before the last 2 lan parties...

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

k_os wrote: just do what shinobi does: stay up the WHOLE night before the okgg.... dumbass.

isnt the lack of sleep a good thing for him?? I mean.. being tired keeps the volume down a little bit more doesn it Smile

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

When i was still doing the lans up here in Bville, a group of friends and I stayed up all night before the party the next day, it was fun but man it made the lan boring because I was way too damn tired.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Just woke up from my 3 hours of sleep this month...

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:24 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TheDeadAvenger

well AG lan turned out pretty well i think. Had a buncha people and had some good gamage. weather sucked but that cant be helped.
CS 1.6

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ephil
I freelance in my pants.

Dude... I tell you, if I was single, I would be at every LAN party in the state...

But, as it has already been noted in this thread [so I wont go on about it], there are a lot of married people in here... One is about all we get, and it is VERY understandable esp if you have kids...

I am not doing an LAN's this month due to a business trip... But that was my choice... Gotta be a good husband and father every now and then Smile

Post Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

TheDeadAvenger wrote: well AG lan turned out pretty well i think. Had a buncha people and had some good gamage. weather sucked but that cant be helped.

musta been too good since none of you guys showed yesterday. Razz

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TheDeadAvenger

couldnt get a ride and rest had to work. need new tires on my car before i can drive. shit happens
CS 1.6

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

if the rest had to work, why didn't they let the staff know prior to saturday to remove their names from the signup?

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
J3ST3R
I'm NSFW

Lol, is it 3 strikes and you're out?

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
TheDeadAvenger

when i found out no one was coming i let you know. also what would it matter if i told you or not? when iposted it it was like 40 of 52 signed up anyways. 3 strikes? ok theres 1 i guess.
CS 1.6

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:43 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nimda
Curator of art Faggory

it's better for us to know tentatively how many people are going to come to the lan. we had 52 signed up and only about 30 showed on saturday. quite a difference.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:31 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Another thing to add for you guys who think it is no biggie to no show.....we (staff) show up at 8:30a.m. to start seting up for you guys. If we had known in advance that only 32 would show, we would only have set up 32 chairs. 32 table spaces. 32 LAN cables. 32 power cables.

Seting up the LAN is not a real fun thing to do (though it is SOOOO Much easier as of late), so if we only had to set up half of it, it sure would be easier for us.

So for you guys who don't sweat no showing....think about it. Smile

Also, if we had all 52 show up, we would be MUCH closer to being able to start buying dedicated game servers for the LAN!!!!! Smile

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:35 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
blu
Step on my cubes.

Yeah, there were TONS of empty chairs beside me. I would have hated to be the person who set those up only to find out there were going to be a lot of no-shows. I'd start breakin knee-caps.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message
HaVoK
spamlinkcount++

Brules wrote: Another thing to add for you guys who think it is no biggie to no show.....we (staff) show up at 8:30a.m. to start seting up for you guys. If we had known in advance that only 32 would show, we would only have set up 32 chairs. 32 table spaces. 32 LAN cables. 32 power cables.

Seting up the LAN is not a real fun thing to do (though it is SOOOO Much easier as of late), so if we only had to set up half of it, it sure would be easier for us.

So for you guys who don't sweat no showing....think about it. Smile

Also, if we had all 52 show up, we would be MUCH closer to being able to start buying dedicated game servers for the LAN!!!!! Smile

first time I think this has happend... there were more people at LAG in bartlesville last week (which I did not go to.. had to work Sad ) than their were at OKGG... were 45 miles from any major city and have less than 40k people around here.... somethings wrong with that picture...

“Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made,” Otto von Bismarck

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 5:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: