FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > What to Bring to the LAN Party! Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

What to Bring to the LAN Party!  Reply with quote  

Just wanted to kick off this LAN Party right by making sure everyone was up on what they should bring and can optionally bring as well.

Make sure your computer is working properly and is loaded with the games and latest patches that you plan to play, and that you have a working network card. Windows, Linux and MacOS platforms are supported.

If you have an OKGG badge, wear it. It's a good idea to keep it in your LAN bag or box. If you don't have one, they will be available at the party. But remember to bring it back each time you come. It helps new players to meet you and know who you are.

Bring a surge strip if you plan to plug in more than two power cords.

HEADPHONES!!!!

A comfy chair or seat cusion is also nice to bring.

It's a good idea to bring snacks and a drink or two, we have a water jug available, but you'll need your own cup. Dinner and drinks don't start until around 6pm. NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PLEASE! Bawls or Sun Drop is good though strichauge

Speakers are OK, but remember to use headphones for gaming and only use speakers when necessary, preferrably during "lights on" breaks. Be respectful of others by keeping the volume down.

One computer and monitor per paying player. If you bring two, you pay for two, etc.

Drinks in small ice chests are fine, but must remain on the floor under your table area.

If you have a digtal camera/camcorder, bring it, and remember to share your photos and short movie clips by uploading them to our server before you leave! We'll post them for all to access.

And just a few other items to note:

Support the developers who write and design your games OS, and other software by PURCHASING them. The OKGG does not condone software piracy and if detected, you will be asked to leave.

Keep your emotions under controll! No banging on the tables in disgust when playing. DON'T DO IT. It distracts and annoys other players and CAN damage systems and tables. Vibration bad....

DO respect the building tables, chairs, and OKGG's property. Keep your area clean and pick up your trash when you leave. Wipe up all spills promptly. Don't sit on the tables.

Also remember that we must get 3 players per table so you get 1/3 of a table max!

Oh yeah, bring your signed waiver form too!

ggkthx

Last edited by Goahed Makemyda on Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:08 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Clean Up After Yourself  Reply with quote  

When you leave the LAN Party, PLEASE throw away ALL trash, cans, bottles, paper, etc. If you spill something, PLEASE clean it up.

The staff gets to the party at 8:30 and sets up all the tables, chairs, and cables. When it's over at midnight, the staff has to put away all the tables, chairs and cables and load up. So PLEASE do your part so that we don't have to spend extra time cleaning up at the end of the night.

We really do appreciate it!

Post Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

Re: What to Bring to the LAN Party!  Reply with quote  

Goahed Makemyda wrote: ... NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES PLEASE!

dang. I was hoping that would change when we moved venues.

Post Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:34 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

New place have better or worse chairs than the mall did? Trying to decide whether I want to bring my chair or not.

(and w00, Mr. Bring his One Hundred and Eight Pound monitor is actually NOT)

Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:31 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Bring it. The I wasn't there for the mall, but they do remind me much of the chairs I had in high school in that they are uncomfortable and flimsy.

I've been very glad I've brought mine both times I've attended.

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

One thing of note, while the old man Goahed may arrive at 8:30, I'm there at 6:30. So be nice to me, I work hard Wink

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Goat Head wrote:
A comfy chair or seat cusion is also nice to bring.

This should be underlined. Wink

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Dannox
Sand Filter

What will I do if you guys play a game I don't have? It can get expensive trying to have everygame that could possibly be played. Smile

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:51 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Dannox wrote: What will I do if you guys play a game I don't have? It can get expensive trying to have everygame that could possibly be played. Smile

You can fondle DanMan.

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Dannox
Sand Filter

Not sure how that will help, but whatever you say

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

In general we rarely all play the same game at the same time. If you don't have what somebody is wanting to play, suggest something else. You'll probably find some people to play with.

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dannox
Sand Filter

ok thanx

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dannox
Sand Filter

one more question. Where does you guys meet now, or are you still at the Yukon round up place? I guess I could search the forums but it takes too long. Wink

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Stealth
I Read Insults for Dummies & Still Fail.

What if I'm the size of 2 men and take up most of the floor area around the table? Do I have to pay extra?

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

Still at the the YRUP....

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Dannox wrote: What will I do if you guys play a game I don't have? It can get expensive trying to have everygame that could possibly be played. Smile

You resurrected a really old thread. Go to the main page by clicking the logo, then you will see a different set of links at the top of the page. One of those links tells you all about where, how and when.

Post Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

You should update this to include, BRING A CHAIR!

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Fixt. Smile

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

So I shouldn't bother bringing a chair?

Dan, how many do you think we could fit in your lap?

Post Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Skyring
Sand Filter

I'm going for Dan's lap...I'll bring a chair too but I still want Dan's lap...

Post Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: