FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > Post lan woes

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Post lan woes  Reply with quote  

I got home last night and just set everything down after the LAN. This morning I take the opportunity to clean up and reorganize my workstation area. I get my PC all plugged in and boot it up and I get the dreaded couldn't boot screen. So I run check disk and it repairs some errors, upon reboot I get the message that I should insert boot media. Lame. I open up the space to the Ssds to check cables, and find that 3 of my power cables to the SSDs are cockeyed. I get them all firmly plugged in and run check disk again. Unrepairable errors. Reboot and windows boots but it seems permissions are now messed up and cannot even open explorer or command prompt. So now I'm reinstalling windows 10.

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:50 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

darn

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bladedancer314
Jizzback

That sucks dude, hopefully you get everything back up to where it was soon.

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Well, it looks like one of my SSDs is in write protect mode. I don't have a spare around, so I'm just reinstalling to a 500gb I had around. Sad Time to send back an SSD.

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Ugh, I really really hat SSDs all the sudden. They go into write protect mode, and there is no way to overwrite data before sending it back. So now I'm in a conundrum. Do I RMA and potentially expose sensitive data or pony up for a new drive?

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

You know I have been having issues with SSD's myself.....have one that strait up died, another is fine but is showing constant SMART errors that don't make any sense and another one that had issues being recognized.....

weird stuff....but yeah hope you get everything sorted Dan.....that is pretty much my worst nightmare the day after a LAN (besides the giant copper cooling tower ripping the CPU off the board from transport forces Razz)

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

What kind of SSD Dan?

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ViperX
pwn3d

Dan at least it didn't happen at the LAN, that would've been a wasted trip on top of it a borked ssd. Jesus now you got me scared of my SSDs.

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

spinning platters are the devil.

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

It was a sandisk Ultra II 1tb. I got it taken care of, sandisk support informed me on how to take it out of write mode using their software and wipe it before sending back.

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: