FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > The Grand Tour

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

The Grand Tour  Reply with quote  

Just a reminder that the first episode of The Grand Tour is up on Amazon Prime today. I won't say anymore to avoid spoilers.

That said we'll probably watch it at tomorrow's LAN. Smile

Post Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Was a fine episode. Places in it seems a little "forced" but all in all I will continue to watch just to see where it goes from here.

Post Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

This is my new favorite show. The second episode is epic

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:10 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Pretty good so far. My only complaint is the STIG replacement.......could they really not have found a better driver than that hayseed?

Post Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: Pretty good so far. My only complaint is the STIG replacement.......could they really not have found a better driver than that hayseed?

This is also my one true complaint. I realize for copyright concerns it can't be the stig, but wow. srsly bro. Do you even drive?

For each of the new episodes I watched I really was left with the realization of how brilliant Top Gear really was with those 3 at the helm. The Grand Tour just seems like its trying too hard to carry on but is too restricted to measure up. At least thats the taste that is left in my mouth.

Post Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Shinare wrote:
Brules wrote: Pretty good so far. My only complaint is the STIG replacement.......could they really not have found a better driver than that hayseed?

This is also my one true complaint. I realize for copyright concerns it can't be the stig, but wow. srsly bro. Do you even drive?

For each of the new episodes I watched I really was left with the realization of how brilliant Top Gear really was with those 3 at the helm. The Grand Tour just seems like its trying too hard to carry on but is too restricted to measure up. At least thats the taste that is left in my mouth.

There is a rumor that they are going to find one of the old stigs and adopt him and just use his real name (subtle jab at the stig name scandals).

I love how they are just taking it over the top. For me it feels like Top Gear was holding them back and now they have freedom to do what they want.

Post Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Fuck that, they need to get Sabine Schmitz.

Also Clarkson and company admitted they got lazy doing TG......they said they are having to work hard now due to the # of episodes and format etc.

Ep #3 was awesome I thought.

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:24 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Brules wrote: Fuck that, they need to get Sabine Schmitz.

Also Clarkson and company admitted they got lazy doing TG......they said they are having to work hard now due to the # of episodes and format etc.

Ep #3 was awesome I thought.

I would wife Sabine in a heartbeat. And yeah episode 3 was so awesome. Hammond in the hellcat is exactly like I am in my challenger all the time....right down to the giddy excitement when a tunnel comes up Razz

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:31 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Thoughts on the new track? I kind of like the old test track a bit better....

Post Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

New track blows. Old track was WAY better IMHO. But, that said, I have "driven" the TG track thanks to Gran Tourismo, and I have not "driven" this new GT track so I can't compare on any sort of level, but it just seems like something some dude put together in his back yard. Like driving your car around someone's farm on "unimproved" roads.

The "oh they've died" bit is getting a little long in the tooth as well when introducing a "star". Not sure what thats all about. Also no "Star in reasonably priced car" equivalent is very disappointing. That added so much to the old show and you could tell the almost every single "star" actually loved it. Their real excitement and enthusiasm then trickled down to everyone else.

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Ep 4 was meh.

Post Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

Brules wrote: Thoughts on the new track? I kind of like the old test track a bit better....

not the best from conventional points of view. I will say it is much more memorable.....when they say sub station or field of sheep I can vividly picture the turn. The old one was the better track I think but hammerhead was the only turn that stuck in my memory so I guess the new track is more exciting?

Post Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

VinceVaughn wrote:
Brules wrote: Thoughts on the new track? I kind of like the old test track a bit better....

not the best from conventional points of view. I will say it is much more memorable.....when they say sub station or field of sheep I can vividly picture the turn. The old one was the better track I think but hammerhead was the only turn that stuck in my memory so I guess the new track is more exciting?

"Gahmbon" is the one I loved, follow-through was always flat out, of course you mentioned the hammerhead, etc. I loved the old track. This new one, and the driver can both be thrown out for an upgrade if you ask me. Smile

Post Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Thoughts?

Beach Buggy Boys was..............meh.

The Ferrari Ford LeMans part of the finnish episode was one of the best segments so far.

Hope season 2 gets a bit better. Show is good.....but not hitting on all cylinders.

Post Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I've been watching every episode, and the two things I already mentioned are still really bothering me. The driver for the track ("american stig") is just crap. Also, the not having celebrities on and the whole "oh he's died" has run their course. Not sure if there are legal reasons they can't do the celebrity part of the show, but it stinks. If they cant get those two fundamental things fixed with the show, its not going to get better IMHO ofc.

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I agree 100%, and I can't believe they cant find a way around having someone on the show. I could give a shit if they drive a lap. Interview, show their car collection, drag race a host. Do a weird challenge. There has to be 1000000000000x ways around it as the BBC cant fucking claim 100% dominion on having a famous person on a fucking TV show!!!!!!!!!

Post Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: