FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > We Need Participation ASAP!

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

We Need Participation ASAP!  Reply with quote  

Seriously folks, we have two regulars signed up for a LAN in one week. We have three new sign-ups, and we do hope they come, but experience show less than 50% of new sign-ups ever actually show up.

Even if all 5 currently signed up gamers show up, that is 50% of what is required per LAN to pay for the venue. Additionally, under 8 isn't really even worth the time to set up and tear down, as I have had bigger LAN parties at my house!

So what's up? I personally enjoy my one day per month of gaming and hanging out with you guys, but it seems like it is becoming a fight to keep it going lately. Yet I know at least a dozen who used to come regularly that have not been in a long time.

Additionally, we get a lot of people who just don't bother to sign up until the night before or a day before the LAN. This makes potential gamers thinking about signing up have second thoughts about coming because they see a small group, under 10, and figure, why bother.

I told Kurt (Venue Owner) that we would not ask him to waste his time if we could not get more than 7 people to come to a LAN. The problem with this is that if we ever skip a LAN, or especially if it becomes a habit, there is a good chance, a very good chance, that we will lose the facility, and I have NO OTHER OPTIONS at this time for a place to game, nor do I want to spend months looking for one.

We need 10 reliable gamers every month, just 10. We already know there are 5 regulars who rarely if ever miss a LAN. And Vince, who would normally be coming regularly, is in Syria right now. So it blows my mind that the dozen or so other used to be regulars never come anymore, and that we can't get 10 people a month to sign up and show up.

So what I am saying, is that if we can't get participation up and steady, we are in danger of losing the LAN altogether, and once it stops, it is not likely that there will ever be another one in the area. Many have tried and failed. We are the longest running LAN in the region as far as I know, who holds monthly LANs.

So can we depend on you? Will you SIGN-UP TODAY, and try to be a regular? We know many can't make it every month, but some of us literally can't ever take even a month of break or this LAN would not exist.

Your help and participation is GREATLY APPRECIATED, so Sign-Up!

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

In

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

Thanks Menos and Lain!

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:34 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Thought I had already.

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Thanks Anreill

Post Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I was second to sign up this month. My health and the health of my mother have had events that have caused me to miss a number of times lately, and I'm sorry that has been the case. But I love that we have a monthly LAN, and that we have had one reliably for over a decade now. I paid my entrance through January, to insure you knew where my heart was on the matter.

I'm planning on attending next week, but should something come up, go right ahead and use my entrance fee, as I instructed you to in months past. I can't help the health issues as of late, but you'd be mistaken to think my will was not still in support of this hobby and our organization that has maintained it as a regular reality.

Hopefully, I'll see you all on the 15th.

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:50 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

Drix, there is never a doubt that you would come every month if you could. Thanks!

Post Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: