FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Battlefield 5 - WW I? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Drix wrote:
Sevnn wrote:
detox wrote: Cosmetic micro transactions are what I hope they put in. Voice packs, camo, skins, etc.

When I read this quickly, and with no avatar, I thought you were a Chinese spammer and was ready to delete the post.

Considering his lack of actual LAN attendance the past few years, who is to say he isn't? löl

Sad

Got me
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Mon May 23, 2016 4:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Wait - Detox IS NOT A BOT??????????????

Smile

Post Mon May 23, 2016 5:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

So...

France is a main focus of the campaign, but the French army isn't in multiplayer. From what I've seen, several of the battles (which include US/British troops) are battles in which France was a major player. France suffered a huge percentage of the casualties in WW1 and was in it from the start. Unlike several of the countries that are going to be in the multiplayer (Germany declared war on France and moved into Belgium in August 1915, the US didn't declare war on Germany until April 1917).

But French forces in multiplayer are going to be a DLC.

Post Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:05 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Are they selling this is somewhat historically accurate? I'd love to see the French in it from the beginning, especially with how they were equipped/not equipped when Germany invaded. In many forms, they were equally equipped going into WWI as they were during the Napoleonic wars.

Post Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:14 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

After the E3 gameplay vids and presentation, I think they have a winner on their hands........

Link

Things I am liking:
- Combat seems to be more up close and personal
- Reminds me a lot of BF1942 gameplay or Bad Company
- lots of vehicles and weapons
- engine looks better than ever

Questions I still have:
- Server browser?
- Spawn points?

As long as it isnt stupid like Battlefront I think they have a big hit on their hands.

Post Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Still really hoping they get rid of 3D spotting.

It's a stupid concept in general, and cheap as hell overall.

This is one ridiculous example: https://gfycat.com/TotalShadowyBluebottle
(If you're missing the point, the guy being spectated can see exactly where the spotted enemy is, even through the smoke/explosion)

They need to go to a system like Siege uses were it tags the location of the player when spotted, but the tag doesn't move, or just go back to it showing up on the minimap only. It's basically a partial aimbot and one of the biggest problems with BF3/4.

Post Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

You playing RB6 Siege finally?

Post Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Brules wrote: You playing RB6 Siege finally?

No, still waiting for them to get anti-cheat to be worth a shit. They're making progress. Finally? I was playing it as soon as it came out. Razz

Also just don't have the time. Might play some this weekend but nobody other than you, Ten, and I is willing to play it, which kinda kills a game that's entirely dedicated to team play.

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:03 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Msg me if you do, I rarely see cheaters anymore, you just got to get good lol. There are sooooo many tricks to this game to learn (angles, how to play maps, sneaky as fuck ways to kill people).

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:36 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Link

Will be pre-ordering this.

Post Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:43 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Go get it if you signed up for the open beta!

Here is what mine sez :

ACTIVATION SUCCESSFUL
Battlefield™ 1 Open Beta

Smile

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:15 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

OK, It's awesome....

But back to work Sad

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

I'll see if I can watch some more gameplay. Battlefield 2 I thought was the pinicle of the series. I did not like 3 and have not had interest after. I didn't even know about this one lol.

/grumpyoldguy

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Anreill

Shinare wrote: I'll see if I can watch some more gameplay. Battlefield 2 I thought was the pinicle of the series. I did not like 3 and have not had interest after. I didn't even know about this one lol.

/grumpyoldguy

The key Goat got is just for early access. The beta is available for everyone tomorrow.

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Woah OPEN beta tomorrow seriously????????

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

https://www.battlefield.com/beta

Big letters there that say August 31.

So I'm gonna go with yes. Razz

Edit: It's tomorrow. Downloading right now Very Happy

Post Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Its getting ripped to shreds around the net......looks like it is Battlefront with new skin. UG. Fuck you EA, Origin, DICE.

DL'ing now, expectations greatly lowered.

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

tl;dr: This is the closest game to BF1942 that I've played since BF1942 and I loved it!!

I had so much fun playing BF1 last night that I felt my face cramping from the smiles. Seriously, I struggled to not giggle like a child. Graphically it looks a lot like SW:BF but turned way up. I don't want to say its the most beautiful game I've played, but from a realism standpoint, it is easily the most accurate with rock and dirt depictions. It is hard to describe exactly what I'm talking about but there are times where I'd just stand and stare at rock formations and forget it was a game. Its almost photo realism in these areas. Explosions are fantastic and cause you to want to turn your eyes they are so bright. Not in a flashbang manner but in a "dear god I feel sorry for those guys" way. Weather effects like the sand storm are equally impressive.

FWIW: I'm running a GTX1080 at 4K, Ultra settings, 50% resolution scaling @ 55 FPS. Setting the resolution scaling up to 100% did improve the quality (a little) and my FPS tanked to 5-10. I'm planning to O/C the card a little to get me above 60 FPS on 50% scaling but it doesn't need it. The game is very smooth.

Vehicle mechanics are well polished and feel like driving tanks/planes in BF3 or BF4, only slower. Some of the vehicle to object physics aren't accurate (jumping sand dunes in an armored truck taking no damage), but that is what the game needs to keep the pace up. Tanks are a shit ton of fun as are planes. Driving the tanks I was pretty consistently in the top 5 on my team after I got the basics of the game. I struggled a little with the planes. They fly very well and air-to-air is a ton of fun, but bombers require a lot of patience and foresight. Once I get them I think I'll do a lot better. Flying the planes feels like BF1942 but polished. It absolutely does not feel like the planes in SW:BF, fuck those things...

Player on player mechanics play well and I have no complaints. I "felt" a lot better in this area compared to how I feel when I play BF4. I've been out of BF for so long that playing BF4, I get my ass stomped unless I'm in a vehicle. The pace of the game in hand-to-hand is slower and more realistic to the time period. Being a few milliseconds slower in reaction doesn't mean you are going to get chewed up by an enemy. Whoever lands more shots or gets off the early grenade that isn't seen is likely going to come out alive. That isn't to say I didn't die a lot, because I did, but I usually felt like I could get back into the game quickly.

There is only 1 map right now but it was well setup for clustered team combats. Like BF games before it, you should play as a squad or a team in a vehicle when possible. The cap points are close enough to run between them, but a single person isn't going to own large segments of the map either. One spawn point is intentionally way out of the way. You either have to capture it with a vehicle or run out on foot (about a minute of running). If you hold it you get a vehicle or two, and a plane or two.

Spawns for vehicles and tanks are done from the spawn menu. When one is available, you get to choose what vehicle you want. There are few tanks, a few armored carriers, and some lighter/faster vehicle options. Planes come in attack (air-to-land), bomber, and fighter.

Horses didn't feel natural to me so I didn't try them more than a couple times. I think the mechanic works in the game but I didn't enjoy playing that mechanic.

I can't wait for more maps, blimps, and tanks. I'll absolutely pre-purchase based on my experience last night. I know SW:BF was a huge waste of money, but I really think they got BF1 right.

Oh, and the player controlled armored train.... FUCK YEAH!! Sure its on rails... because its supposed to be. I finally got into it last night in my second to last game and it was sooooooo much fun.

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So are spawns totally random like Battlefront?

Server browser?

Power ups like BF?

How do you get planes etc?

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Spawns are random within a zone, but no, you select the zone/capture point you want to spawn to. If your capture point is contested you are spawned further out from it so you can't stop a cap just by spawning, you have to fight your way back in. You can also spawn on squad mates. It is MUCH more like BF4 than SW:BF.

Server Browser: Yes

Power Ups? What do you mean by this? There is a point system called war bonds that you earn, presumably to buy weapons. I think you can spend or swap out weapons in game right now but not from the main menu. I'm sure this is a limitation of the beta. As far as effects that make you run faster, shoot more accurately, etc (like in SW:BF), there is nothing like that.

When your team owns a cap that has vehicles, there is an icon outside of that spawn circle for each vehicle type (horse, land, air). When you click it you get a list of land or air vehicles to choose from. Once you select that it remembers it for the game so you don't have to do that again unless you want to change vehicle type. After you've clicked the vehicle icon in the main menu (and optionally changed the type of vehicle) you click spawn. You can also shortcut the process by double clicking the vehicle icon in the main menu to go with your current selection. Class spawn types are done in the same menu at the bottom.

Post Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: