FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > VirtualBox and DHCP...

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

VirtualBox and DHCP...  Reply with quote  

So here's another problem that had baffled me for a bit. My own work PC was having a very peculiar problem. When booting it would sit at "Applying computer settings" for about 2 minutes and then after that would finally get to the login prompt.

After much searching through logs and event viewer it looked as though it was getting stuck at the DHCP IP request. So I dropped to a CMD prompt and /release /renew and it would take 2 minutes to renew. However, it would actually get an IP instantly (I could get out to the internet while it was sitting there waiting to time out on the renew.) Using a DHCP sniffer I found that my DHCP server is actually the only one on my network and it is servicing DHCP requests instantly.

So anyway, long story short after trying many things I uninstalled VirtualBox and it totally fixed the problem. Re-installed VirtualBox and still no problem. I'm wondering if something to do with the VirtualBox net drivers wasn't corrupted or something...

Anyway, thought I would share for posterity.

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: