FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Modding > Need a new tower...

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goose
Junkie

Need a new tower...  Reply with quote  

Ok, so my Lian LI PC-60b has finally shrunk as small as it can get. With the GTX 770 I had to remove the HardDrive bay so the card would fit. Installed the HD into the FD bay because it was just empty space. Need to install 2nd HD and I could just put it right below the other one and still have room for video card; however, it is just time to replace. Have loved the the look of the case, just time for more room inside.

Have 3 of these cases so each time up until now upgrading systems, I have just used swapped and been fine...

Don't really need anything massive, Mid+ tower size... Just nice lines, windowed, not doing water cooling, but could be an option later and doesn't look plasticish... So, what is out there?

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:03 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Why mid tower size? Need to go mATX or micro and get your butt to a LAN! Smile

Corsair cases are really nice though for full size systems, their wiring trays etc are pretty damn sweet to hide all the wires. Check them out for sure......

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:21 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Fractal Design's Define R5 case seems to be getting ecstatic reviews.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Not bad but the Corsair Obsidian series has the best cable management on the planet......

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-450d-mid-tower-pc-case

You can literally hide every wire. If I wasnt trying to get smaller I would go with one:

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/obsidian-series-450d-mid-tower-pc-case

Great review here:

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/corsair-obsidian-450d-review.html

I want this for my next one. Micro ATX FTMFW:

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

The Fractal Design's R5 is really nice looking.

As of now I dig the Obsidian 450D. Not to mention if I go with corsair water cooling, it would be compatible. If I was going micro, that is pretty freaking sweet looking case setup.

One of these 3rd weekends when the gun show doesn't fall on it, will get to the LAN.

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Do you DOTA? Smile

Post Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goose
Junkie

nope

Post Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: