FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Modding > Updated the machine.......

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

Updated the machine.......  Reply with quote  

My hard drive finally bit the dust (1 TB WD Black) just before the last LAN, so over this holiday I finally got around to updating my PC.

I picked up a GTX 970 vid card with some gift cards and had already snagged a 500gb Evo 840 SSD on an Amazon sale and a 3TB drive locally along with a fresh copy of Win 8.1 from Mike.

Got it all together today and am doing the update dance right now (YUK!). New SSD and vid card are schweet........with Start8, I am digging 8.1.

I think I will add another 8gb of RAM for shits and giggles in a week or 2.

Specs are:

- Lian Li PC-V354
- i5-2500k 3.3Ghz
- GTX-970 4gb
- 8GB Gskill RAM
- 500gb Evo 840 SSD / 3TB Toshiba 6gb/s
- Seasonic X-650 power Supply
- Corsair H60

I thought about snagging an i7 - anyone think it would be of any use? I game at 1080 - so I figured it would be a waste.

I'll get a pic or 2 up when I get back from Little Rock this week. Gave the case a whole can of air dusting so she is clean as a whistle now.

Should last a good 2 more years, especially with 8gb more of RAM - last resort would be an i7.

I thought about building a new machine, but once I got to looking at it I figured it would be a waste so I am buying a mother fucker of a camera lens instead. Smile

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Start8 is worth every penny of the $5 they sell it for, and then some.

I would bump it to 16 G of ram and leave the processor as-is unless you have some indication that you are running out of power.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah I think I will. Plus I can't find any new processors that will work with my mobo - or that I am sure of.

This GTX 970 is a beast though......

The SUCK part is my net out here is slooooow. Downloading all the updates and stuff I need is sucking ass lol.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:54 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I need you to imagine downloading from Steam at 19.8 MB/s. Now I need you to admit your jealousy of being me.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Totally........I am getting 233 KB/S at the moment. FML.

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

To be fair, Steam is pretty jacked up right now.

Post Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:10 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: