FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Interstellar Goto page Previous  1, 2

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: ST has had to resort to time travel so often, it is like you expect it now.........

And if you like 4 over II - something is wrong with you!!!!!!!!! Fucking WHALES over KHAN? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!?!

Maybe now is a time for another colorful metaphor?

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:28 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

You should be dick slapped repeatedly for liking that movie!

Seriously?????? Smile

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:08 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

TehDanMan wrote: I also dislike loud music during dialog. But what really gets my goat is constant camera angle shifting cuts during action sequences.

I guess this is to each their own because I LOVED the angled camera shots. The shot across the Ranger 1 during the Gargantua maneuver was one of my (many) favorite scenes of the movie. To me they feel like I'm in the ship and looking out at space from one of the cameras mounted to Endurance's ring.

Shinare wrote: Exactly my point with the "shaky cam" technique described above. Very annoying.

TehDanMan's complaint is quite different from the typical shaky cam technique in shows like BSG. There was little or none of that technique in this movie. I looked for an example of the sequence I mentioned above and couldn't find one but I did find this to give an example:

(this is not a scene from the movie BTW, it was something release during a trailer or press packet)

What TehDanMan is talking about is a tendency to cut to wide angle shots that are located like this close to the ship. I felt that this gives a stunning view of the ship and the surroundings that they couldn't have done otherwise. It feels very "go pro in space" and I loved it.

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: You should be dick slapped repeatedly for liking that movie!

Seriously?????? Smile

LOL Sorry, the heart loves what the heart loves. Smile

Sevnn wrote: TehDanMan's complaint is quite different from the typical shaky cam technique in shows like BSG...

Ahhh, I see. Smile

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

You are hopeless!!!!!!!!!! Smile

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Where are you all watching interstellar at? Went to check for movie times and the only place it is showing is "Crossroads 8" and that is waaay to far. heh

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Last night was the last night for Interstellar at AMC. I ended up watching it 6x in the theater.

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: