FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > GTA V to PC: April 14th Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Brules
M F C E O

TheBrules

Post Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ViperX
pwn3d

Sent a request to join tag is "vip3r23"

Post Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

F me, Rock Star web site is having issues......lost con on my DL. Ug.

Post Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Well 20gb down......40 more to go LOL! I might make it by release day!

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:24 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Just an FYI. Game releases in ~9 hours. Around 6PM Central. Midnight in Britain.

First thing, turn off aim assist in the options. AA in GTAV is very aggressive (almost aimbotish). If you disable it you'll be better off for the most part AND matchmaking is split based on what you have this set to, so you won't get shot in the face in GTA Online by some guy basically using an aimbot.

Example Video: (Watch the cursor bounce around)
http://giant.gfycat.com/MaturePalatableKoodoo.webm

Post Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

3 Hours: http://i.imgur.com/AVCIab2.webm

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

And I has 11gb to go lol.

I heard the launch patch is 400mb.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

If you get stuck on the 350mb patch: https://mega.co.nz/#!b9YH2a7J!--mcJar5NaPNE_5PIql1rG7k0MQDAGq2KVzGNcsT3Z0

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

There's also an issue for those of us that have integrated and secondary graphics... namely you have to disable one to get the game to even launch. And when it launches, independent of settings, it runs like ass. I even beat the recommended settings and can't run the bastard on normal (FYI, normal is the lowest available setting for most settings) and even disabling everything I graphically could, I cannot get more than around 5 frames a second at 720p. And before anyone asks, yes I have the updated drivers from today. It's an actual F@#$ing issue, and not my rig or my settings. If they don't have it fixed by Thursday I'll report it in myself.

So it may be a while till I am able to play this with anyone.

Post Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

That sucks Drix... Never had a machine with dedicated and integrated (one of the reasons I avoid laptops)... Is it possible to disable the Intel GPU in the BIOS?

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:29 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Drix, have you tried these?

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/18581-full-list-gta-v-pc-command-lines-description-gta-v-pc-default-controls.html

-adapter:
Use the specified screen adapter number (zero-based)

This might help if it sees your video memory incorrectly
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200145206-Issues-with-GTA-IV-showing-video-cards-with-over-2GB-as-under-spec

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Holy hell this game is nothing short of amazing........running 1440p and it is gorgeous and smoooooth as butter.

Oh and I SUCK at driving lol.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:33 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

plunk405

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Sevnn wrote: Drix, have you tried these?

http://www.gamepur.com/guide/18581-full-list-gta-v-pc-command-lines-description-gta-v-pc-default-controls.html

-adapter:
Use the specified screen adapter number (zero-based)

This might help if it sees your video memory incorrectly
https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200145206-Issues-with-GTA-IV-showing-video-cards-with-over-2GB-as-under-spec

Yeah I appreciate it, but it's a problem with the social club launcher and the multiple adapters. Even though I don't know why that would effect the launcher, disabling it does allow the launcher to run. I did what you mentioned, all that to no avail. It doesn't even reach the point at which that would matter. Thanks for looking, though.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

My son and I played for a couple hours last night. I had to instruct him a few times to make sure and never repeat ANYTHING he heard in the game just to be sure. Once we made it into the open play area of the game we had an absolute blast. He was laughing constantly, bouncing his head to Bone Thugs-N-Harmony as we were jumping a 4x4 off anything that would function as a ramp, and I thought he was going to pee himself when we broke into the airport and stole a 747. I don't say this often but the $60 entry fee was paid for in a couple hours of unbelievable fun with my son. Anything I get from the game at this point is bonus.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Dude you let your son play?

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

He watches me play. He hasn't grasped the idea of a first/third person game of this nature. His LEGO game skill is strong though.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Drix, any chance you have non-alphanumeric characters in your windows user name? Steam/Rockstar have found an issue where anything outside of A-Z, a-z, and 0-9 in your windows user name causes the game to not install or to have other issues.

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Sevnn wrote: He watches me play. He hasn't grasped the idea of a first/third person game of this nature. His LEGO game skill is strong though.

LoL - keep that in mind when you help the paparazi guy snap pics of the chic getting poked in the brown eye! Smile

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:50 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I don't plan on including him in any more of the single player missions. He just enjoys the open environment, driving around, planes, boats, jet skis, etc.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:08 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: