FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > News and Updates > What's Up, What's Up? Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

What's Up, What's Up?  Reply with quote  

It's time to sign up!!!!

September 20th , 2014 is the date, but sign-up is TODAY. Get to it!

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:09 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
magdegreen
Google Harderer

Aw! That's the day Okie-Tex starts! =(

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message
magdegreen
Google Harderer

Woot! I worked it out to where I can go to both. strichauge

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

magdegreen wrote: Aw! That's the day Okie-Tex starts! =(

Is that some sort of receptacle or something?

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Big star party (astronomy) in the OK panhandle. It is SUPER dark, like on the moon level dark and you can see relatively dim stars with the naked eye that you'd never been able to see near civilization. I wanted to go last year but the drive is pretty shitty.

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

The drive is beyond shitty.......

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
magdegreen
Google Harderer

.>.< I'm a first time goer, so I can't comment on the drive. nonetheless, I'm excited. strichauge

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I've not driven there but I did drive to CO Springs a couple months ago and we went through the TX panhandle, very near there.

Post Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Oh is that stupid fucking thing going on Saturday?

Whats best way to get there there......?

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:05 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Fly, pretty much the only way to avoid it.

Seriously though, it looks like you should avoid Council and MacArthur completely, and Hefner road east of Council. Coming from Hickville I would take Kilpatrick, or Hefner Parkway to Kilpatrick, exit Rockwell and come south to 122nd. By using Kilpatrick you'll go over the course on the bridge and avoid it completely. Alternately you can take 122nd from Hefner Parkway and just have to cross it at MacArthur. The stoplights usually aren't to bad if you hit at the right time but that is a crap shoot.

Edit: I added these routes to the important section of the map. Green and Pink are optimal, yellow is for those wanting the shortest, but not necessary the quickest, route. Either way, make sure you DO NOT turn onto MacArthur. Stay on 122nd and turn on Warwick Dr next to the Italia Express and Dollar General. Check Google Maps if you don't know this way.

Last edited by Sevnn on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Looks like best bet is to come in via a road that you only have to CROSS the path, avoid all roads that are designated pathways....Im going to come up Rockwell from NW Highway and then come in from the west on 122nd....

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Map updated to show the optimal routes.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:53 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Last year I came down 122nd from Hefner Parkway - DO NOT DO THAT. Traffic was pushed to 1 lane and crossing McArthur sucked balls as they kept holding for bikes.

My guess is Rockwell is safest....well see.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ViperX
pwn3d

I'm coming from the south. I guess my best bet is to get off at NW expressway instead of 122nd and take that to Rockwell. From Rockwell I should be good to be on 122nd right?

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Should, 122nd will be backed up coming towards McArthur as they ignore the light and have moronic dumb fucks manually releasing cars across. Cluster. Fuck.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ViperX
pwn3d

Damn all that anger Brules, I like it.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

I would agree on the Rockwell option.

PS Sevnn, awesome work on the routes!!!!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

If I could team kill the morons running traffic for this gay event I would.

There are 50000000000 miles of fucking routes at the lake - fuckheads need to use it.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

They use the routes at the lake but there aren't enough of them and they aren't long enough. If you look at the full map you'd see that most of their course is in the middle of no where, but because they start at the lake, they have to take major streets to get to the middle of no where. The bike course is 112 miles long so the 10 miles around the lake would take 12 laps for bikers, and there are runners on that course doing their marathon. Bikes + runners on the same course is a very dangerous proposition, especially given the number of competitors.

I know this is an inconvenience for you guys but realize that their are many people who compete in this event and while it is a pain in the ass, it is good for the economy and good for the health of our city. I do agree that the traffic cops could do better, but you have to realize that the event is a race and priority must be given to bike riders. If they have to stop a single rider, they have been given an unfair disadvantage. Starting from a stop on a bike also requires a lot more energy than maintaining your speed, and if you were stopped at every stop light you'd not be able to finish 112 mile ride.

Use my map above, even if it takes you a few miles out of the way, and you shouldn't see a single bike rider. Don't think that "oh, I'm just crossing a bike path", or you will get stopped and it could be for far longer than you'll want to wait.

Post Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

There is literally not enough physical space if they place every cyclist on the lake.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:41 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: