FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > My Cox Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Fuck you guys, I'm taking my bandwidth and going home

Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

lol I just want 3-4 Mbps up (so I can stream my DVR in HD) and NOT COX.... I don't think that's ever going to happen at my house. Sad

*cry*

Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Cox just sent me an email... if I upgrade to a DOCSIS 3.0 modem then I will be "up to 100mbps"

Post Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

Did you upgrade your modem? I have an extra SB6121 that I don't need anymore.

Post Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

Sevnn, what are you getting on testmy.net right now?

This is what I'm getting right now.

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:41 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

Well.... I'm sorry yours sucks Smile I should be getting 25 up and that's a problem. The down is great though Smile

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash

Menos wrote: Did you upgrade your modem? I have an extra SB6121 that I don't need anymore.

Haven't upgraded, but it would be nice some day. What do you want for it?

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

$20?

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Work:

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:58 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

What's weird or me is that speedtest.net shows 24Mbs up as does cox's own speedtest, which is run by ookla (speedtest.net). But that's the only one, any other speed testing site shows no more than 3Mbs. I've had several different people try and pull from me. They were getting no more than 2-3Mbs. Uploads to youtube, imgur, facebook, etc are all capped at 2.-3Mbs. Pushing to a Linux VPS I have is also capped at 2-3Mbs.

Something's fishy. Is it possible my off Cox upload is being artificially throttled? Last month I pulled 400GB down and 125GB up. Yeah, I blew cap but I've never seen them do anything about it before.

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

Yeah they will throttle your ass I have heard......they do it on the downlow sneaky style.

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

Sounds like you've been throttled. I get warning emails on my ultimate plan but I've seen no indication of being limited. Its funny to me that their warning emails tell me to upgrade. I would gladly upgrade if they offered something faster but they don't. Their tech team is too stupid to be capable of writing an email templating system that is aware that I have no upgrade path.

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

Weird thing. Earlier today it jumped up to 25mbit on testmy.net and pushing to my VPS host. Now its back to 2-3mbit. GRRRRRRRRRR

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

How much are you averaging Sevnn? Down/Up... I'm wondering if this last two months are different because I pushed an unusual amount up.

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I can't test with testmy because their site is down right now. Speedtest.net shows 176/22, and it pulsed to 193 before settling down to 176. If I download from Steam I see about 19 MB/s on downloads. Torrents max out at about 6 MB/s but I think that is a limitation of how I have my torrent client setup.

I tested pulling and pushing a big file to this site's host and I was getting 13 MB/s down and 2.7 MB/s up. I could say that seems pretty consistent to real world usage.

For reference, my plan has 400 GB of usage before I've hit my quota, and my last email from Cox said I had use 819 GB in the current month.

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash

I'm in for $20 on that. I'll hit you up on GChat.

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

So, as a slight update. I had a Cox tech out this morning to take a look. What they told me is kinda funny, but makes sense. Apparently they are seeing a ton of interference on the frequencies Cox uses for upload. Which just happen to be the same frequencies that U-Verse devices talk on. He was telling me that they've seen it before where somebody will have U-Verse and then switch to Cox without disconnecting the U-Verse modem from the house coax. It will then back feed into the Cox coax grid all the way to the local node. So what they are gonna do is go pedestal to pedestal in my node disconnecting people one by one until the noise is gone. Thankfully it's just confined to the node.

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:35 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash

Wonder if they start their search with people who've disconnected Cox recently, or just go down the block?

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:15 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Menos
Broke My Labia

Well, maybe they weren't blowing smoke about the U-Verse thing.

Post Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:06 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: