FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Games > Titanfall - OMGWTFBBQ Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
ViperX
pwn3d

PC Beta here

http://www.twitch.tv/gassymexican

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

If you signed up for the beta with your Origin account but didn't receive an invite with a key, check your Origin games list. They've added it for a bunch of people.

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:37 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Game is awesome. Launch is Mar. 11. Need to add it to the games list on the lan sign up

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:49 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Wow, reviews of it so far sounds terribad.....bots, auto aim pistol etc.....doesnt sound good.

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Bots are just filler. The players are more of an elite rank soldier while the bots are the cannon fodder. They do add an interesting element to the gameplay but aren't hugely important. The autoaim pistol is a lock on pistol, not true autoaim, you still have to hover the target to lock on. It's also only effective against players if you catch them unaware. Will lock/kill bots in one shot, but takes 3 lock ons to kill a player, which takes a couple of seconds to achieve and can still miss just by moving/taking cover.

The game as is in beta is fun as hell and the potential after release seems good. It would benefit hugely from new game modes, as right now it's basically DM and conquest only. Release is supposed to have 4 more game modes though.

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:11 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

The bots plus players is an interesting flavor of gameplay and it seems to work pretty well. The Titans are fun to drive and foot combat in the face of a Titan doesn't seem overwhelmed. I was worried it would be a struggle to take down a Titan while on foot. it isn't easy but all players have an anti-Titan weapon and they hurt enough to make the other player run for cover most of the time.

The game has a pretty fast game pace and is pretty intense, but I'm struggling to say its $60 worth of fun. Compared to a deep game like BF4, TF seems very shallow and overpriced. It plays much more like CoD and I have always felt that CoD games were very overpriced. At $30 TF would be a pretty easy purchase, but I'm leaning towards skipping it.

If most of the LAN gets it though, and if they support LAN play and or clan based combat, it could be a very fun game at the LAN.

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

So it's just another console port it sounds like.....ug........

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:54 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I enjoyed it enough to buy it with a 20% off coupon.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Anreill

I'll probably get it, still thinking about it.

It plays like CoD + UT/Q3, feels like CoD, but the pacing is more like UT or Quake. Fast, twitchy, jumpy, and very stressful during a good firefight. It's unfortunate that there are no player run servers, but at least they've actually opted for using an actual server farm to host games instead of peer to peer/matchmaking.

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I enjoyed it well enough that it used my March gaming budget. The preload is 50GB (49.99GB), though. Just finished downloading that Just under 3 days till launch as of this post.

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

F me......that would take 2 weeks to download on my DSL.

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

Drix wrote: I enjoyed it well enough that it used my March gaming budget. The preload is 50GB (49.99GB), though. Just finished downloading that Just under 3 days till launch as of this post.

Preordered/preloaded and ready to go.

Brules, wait til the LAN, see if it looks fun, if you want it you can copy it from someone else.

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

Are we for sure playing this at the LAN? I don't want to drop cash for the game and then not play it.

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:02 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill

I fully intend to. The beta was fun as hell.

I'm not positive, but I think most of the "Other" votes on the signup are for TF, it hadn't been added as an option when sign-up first opened.

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Anreill wrote: ...I think most of the "Other" votes on the signup are for TF,...

I don't know, but maybe we should avoid referring to this one by that acronym. Some of us still enjoy playing TF2. It won't be confusing now, but it will be if they ever make a sequel. Confused

Post Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1z9npl/guide_how_to_use_a_vpn_to_unlock_titanfall_early/

Post Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:08 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Anreill

We may not be able to organize 6v6 at this LAN, as private matches haven't been implemented yet and party size is limited to six at the moment. Vince Zampella has stated that the feature will be added in the future.

"We're going to do paid DLC, we're also going to do free updates," he said. "There are things we want in the game that we didn't get to ship in the final game. We'll add private matches and things like that for free." Essentially, it sounds like the usual multiplayer update plan. Features and upgrades are left as free updates, while new content becomes DLC."

Also, if you want to change some settings that don't appear in the game menus. Right click the game in Origin, go to Game Properties, this will allow you to change launch parameters.

"-novid" removes intro videos
"+m_rawinput 1" sets raw mouse input (fixes the stuttering some people get)
"+cl_showfps "#"" 1, 2, or 3. Enables various FPS/frame time graphs. Some people are saying the # needs to be in quotes for this to work. Haven't tried it myself.
"-window -noborder" Will enable borderless windowed mode.

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:18 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

I'm waiting until I see it played at the LAN. Not gonna spend $80 on something I may or may not play. Don't get me wrong, it looks cool, but more than once I've been told we were gonna play the hell out of something and I wasted my money, which I would rather put into iRacing Smile.

But if everyone loves it and we are playing the hell out of it, I'll probably join in on this one.

Post Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:33 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
BladeRunner
n00b

Was curious about how it would work at the LAN. Sad to hear party limit of six. I wonder if we have two parties of six queue at the same moment what the chance of us being together is... Once we got together we should be able to stay, though there will be the issue of pubs filling slots if someone drops I guess.

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Fucking console ports......

Post Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: