FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > tornado 5/20/13 Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

tornado 5/20/13  Reply with quote  

Praying everyone is safe. I barely missed it and am very fortunate.

If you need help with supplies or resources please post or pm me.
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Mon May 20, 2013 5:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

if you lost a house you can contact OU at 325-2511

they will be opening up housing to those with losses
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Mon May 20, 2013 5:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Anyone who needs anything, don't hesitate to ask. I dont have much but I have a spare couch and willing to give what ever I can Smile

Post Mon May 20, 2013 6:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Does Menos live in Moore? Hope everyone is ok!!!!

Post Mon May 20, 2013 6:38 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

All clear here. I live well north of where the tornado hit. I have a friend I'm trying to get hold of, his house falls right in the path. Hope everyone is okay.

Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Menos lost his home and his dog. He's ok and may be spending the night with me.

Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Man that sucks, hope everyone else is ok.

Post Tue May 21, 2013 12:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

They have set up a shelter for lost/found animals at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds. That’s on Robinson between Porter & 12th Ave. in Norman

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=cleveland+county+fairgrounds&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cleveland+county+fairgrounds&hnear=0x87ad8a547ef8d281:0x33a21274d14f3a9d,Oklahoma+City,+OK&cid=0,0,3565799811052233078&ei=xOWbUYXrJKq_0gHF2YGACQ&ved=0CKgBEPwSMAA

Post Tue May 21, 2013 4:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

By the way, if you got hit or ever have an issue in the future, and you have State Farm Insurance, you can go purchase up to $5K in emergency purchases to sustain you, including basic supplies, a place to stay, storage building, rental car, etc. and get instant reimbursement at the agent's office.

No need to go without! They even send in people to recover your property clean it, and take it to storage for you. All you have to do is supervise.

So for all of you who buy insurance based on the price alone, you may want to rethink your insurance and ask these questions....right Menos? I know he got taken care of on this storm so far...

Post Wed May 22, 2013 12:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Allstate also does something like that on the expenses, they also have trailers set up to just cut checks to people effected by the catastrophes.

Those of you who lost your fridge/freezer contents and also had some wind damage, be sure to check your policy: Many policies will cover those contents.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 9:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message
LightningCrash

Goahed Makemyda wrote: No need to go without! They even send in people to recover your property clean it, and take it to storage for you. All you have to do is supervise..

I posted that quote on OKShooters and got an interesting reply. I was going to paraphrase his post but I decided against it:

turkeyrun wrote: And these vultures will show up almost immediately. You DON'T have to use them. They catch you while you are in shock and think they are there to help. What they charge is astronomical and it is charged against your policy. ie. You have a total loss and coverage is $100k. They charge $15k for their "help". You will then receive $85 for the payoff. You do the sifting through and save what you can or you can SEE it is a total loss while inspecting with your adjuster, you receive the full $100k. It's YOUR choice whether to use the clean-up / salvage crew or NOT. And believe me, I've been through it, they will try every trick in the book to make you believe the insurance company sent them and you HAVE to let them do the job. YOU DO NOT!

Post Sun May 26, 2013 8:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

There is always one in the crowd. Sounds like it's this guy.

If you pay for replacement value, that's what they pay. BTW Allstate isn't doing so well in OKlahoma from what I hear.

Post Tue May 28, 2013 8:48 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LightningCrash

I heard of scams but never anything quite like that. I did talk to an SF agent and she said they sometimes do stuff like that for elderly and people who can't get to the site.

Carrier may pay RC but if you got scammed by someone then it's still your bill.

For those of you without a storm shelter, ComFed is offering .99% APR up to $5000 for storm shelters.

I cobbled up a huge list of shelters. A friend is putting in the Angies List ratings.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjhY3nx9s8d1dFZ5Q1pQeldyTnVVRV9CcnF1VWNUMHc&usp=sharing

Post Tue May 28, 2013 8:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Despite
I am Chaotic Good Bitchy.

oh, thanks for that! anything that can make the process of getting a shelter easier is greatly appreciated.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 10:20 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Those fiberglass shelters look interesting......I have heard concrete ones tend to have issues 5-10 years down the road with water etc.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 11:39 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

All I can say is EVERYONE in Oklahoma should have a below ground storm shelter, homes, businesses, Government buildings, venues, everyone!

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

We really like our Tornado Alley above ground shelter.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

WTF is that a shelter or a party room lol......

Post Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

LightningCrash wrote: I heard of scams but never anything quite like that. I did talk to an SF agent and she said they sometimes do stuff like that for elderly and people who can't get to the site.

Carrier may pay RC but if you got scammed by someone then it's still your bill.

For those of you without a storm shelter, ComFed is offering .99% APR up to $5000 for storm shelters.

I cobbled up a huge list of shelters. A friend is putting in the Angies List ratings.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjhY3nx9s8d1dFZ5Q1pQeldyTnVVRV9CcnF1VWNUMHc&usp=sharing

This is cool! Thank you for your effort!

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:23 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
ViperX
pwn3d

How big is that shelter blu if you dont mind me asking??

Post Wed May 29, 2013 4:48 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: