FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > All Things Technical > Am I Picking the Right Graphics Card

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
ViperX
pwn3d

Am I Picking the Right Graphics Card  Reply with quote  

Okay so I love PC games but admittedly I'm not the best tech guy there is. So is this a good card for my current rig or is it overkill? I'm ready to pull the trigger unless there is a better option.

Card I want to buy (amazon link). --> http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2662-KR/dp/B00966IREK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=1N4XT996WOZ7Y&coliid=I25PLVJ515NWW1

Current setup.

Intel Board DP67BA with PCIE 2.0x16 connector
Intel I5 2300 @2.85 ghz
Coolermaster 700 watt PSU
8gb of DDR3 Ram
Geforce GT 430 1gb ( I know its not good)
Coolermaster Haf 922 (I also have the optional side fan that I think should cool that card)
Windows 7

I bought this comp some years ago and now I'm wanting to put in some upgrades, any advice is appreciated.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Def a improvement over what you have, but it is a pretty neutered version of the 600 series core.....the 670 is the one to get, but it is also 2x the price. If you play at 1080 only, I think you will def like it.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ViperX
pwn3d

Well yes you're right about 670 but this is the amount of money I'm comfortable with spending right now. Thanks

Post Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:29 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Something to remember about "superclocked" or "factory overclocked" cards. They are LITERALLY just that card, overclocked a little, and bumped up in price. if you can find a 660 that's not overclocked for cheaper with the same amount of vram and such, you can bump the clock speeds up yourself without overpaying for someone in the factory to set some numbers you can set yourself.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message
ViperX
pwn3d

Ironically I couldn't readily find the non superclocked version in stock on amazon, plus i get free shipping on amazon and a small rebate. Newegg has the non-superclocked version but its 10 dollars more. Go figure. Thanks for the tip though.

Post Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Norrec69
Sand Filter

Yeah thats a good card. I have a Galaxy Gtx 660 and paid $240 for mine and it was well worth it. So $190 is a great price for it.

The graphics look amazing compared to my old Gtx 555.

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: