FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > News and Updates > February 16, 2013 OKGG LAN Sign-Up Is Open Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

February 16, 2013 OKGG LAN Sign-Up Is Open  Reply with quote  

Come join us for the next OKGG LAN Party! In January we played quite a bit of Planet Side 2, which is FREE to play and free to download. We also played some BattleField 3 and CoD Black Ops II, plus a several rounds of Flat Out 2, and some Torch Light II.

Drix is organizing a Unreal Tournament 2004 Bombing Run match in February as well, so load it up!

Sign-up today and come join us in February. Don't forget to pick up and hand out the new OKGG cards to invite fellow gamers and friends.

See you in February.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

UT 2k4 is $15 currently on Steam. Im willing to buy someone a copy if need be.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:12 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I still retain 5 copies, not counting my steam copy. And they are open for the use of others. FYI

But Honestly, this game was the pinnacle of the Unreal series. YOU SHOULD OWN A COPY if you were into PC gaming around 2004. If you've joined since, it would not be a wasted purchase. This game was a mainstay of the LAN from its predecessor UT 2003 on till and even partially through BF2's arrival in June 2005. Sadly the game they followed it up with, UT3, was built for consoles, and did not have the refined game play we'd come to expect from the series as a result.

I'm putting together a proper server for UT2K4 for next Month's LAN. We'll be able to, in between rounds, vote to make changes to game mode and such, and I'm hoping to have a redirect DL server setup in place to download any missing content as the maps load. Map selection will literally be HUGE. Available game modes will be the LAN party standards:
1. Vanilla - default weapon selection, no mods
2. lowgrav/quadjump - default weapon selection
3. lowgrav/quadjump/zoom instagib w/ translocators - The OKGG default game mode
4. Lowgrav/quadjump/Matrix moves/Zoom Instagib - My favorite mode
5. Plus anything else anyone suggests can be added to the line up.

Also, if you're wanting something in particular, let me know. I, likely, have it in the 7.7GB of content we'll be floating on the server, but if not, I'll be happy to add it. Just give me a PM or shout letting me know what you're wanting.

Post Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

UT2k4 was EASILY the best of the Unreal series. 2003 lacked polish and vehicles. UT3 was far "over-refined" and never felt right. 2004 had great vehicles, great polish, enough mod support to provide a lot of options for gameplay, and downloadable map support.

We definitely need a redirect server for the map content. The built in file server sucks ass but pointing it to a local IIS install and it will fly. I think we might even have the share still setup on the server.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:04 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

If you want to check Sevnn, PM me and we can look at the server before the LAN and get it set-up.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:44 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

I'm pretty sure we had it setup a year or so ago on \\uranus, and have my the full content pack on there as well. I'll have my game server ready to go by Thursday. So when you guys are ready to give it a full test, let me know. I will be able to drop off the game server come Thursday or next time I'm in the area, whichever is convenient for you guys.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Sevnn wrote: UT2k4 was EASILY the best of the Unreal series. 2003 lacked polish and vehicles. UT3 was far "over-refined" and never felt right. 2004 had great vehicles, great polish, enough mod support to provide a lot of options for gameplay, and downloadable map support.

We definitely need a redirect server for the map content. The built in file server sucks ass but pointing it to a local IIS install and it will fly. I think we might even have the share still setup on the server.

If its the one I set up on the server, its got everything, tons (gigs) of maps, and http map redirect all set up already. (Edit: Or that may have been all set up on my local computer at the time and I was the server, cant remember)

And yes, I agree, 2k4 was UT's finest moment. Even more so, its is at the top of my all time favorite games list bar none as far as fun factor and longevity. (IMHO)

I do miss low-grav quad-jump zoom instagib CTF lan parties. That takes extremely good teamwork, and the twitch factor was EXCELLENT! Smile

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 am  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Shin, The server has been replaced since you setup that up. But like I said, we had the re-direct working no problem, and the game server itself is, pretty much ready to go. It might need some tuning before it'll jive the way we want, but the cache of maps and such is approaching the 8GB mark... Which is why the re-direct on downloads being setup is a priority.

On a side note, my dialysis days should be Mondays, Wednesday, Friday by the next LAN... so I should be there and functional for the entire thing this next time.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:31 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

All we need is for IIS to have a virtual directory pointed at a folder (or just host it in a folder on the wwwroot). I think it should still be on there if you want to boot it up and check. It won't take but 5 minutes for someone who knows IIS to set it up on LAN day if we aren't able to get to it before then. I should be at the next LAN but won't know until closer to the date.

Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Goahed Makemyda

What we really need is MORE PEOPLE TO SIGN-UP!

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:12 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Sevnn changed his avvy......booooooooo.

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda

Brules wrote: Sevnn changed his avvy......booooooooo.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Reddit threads are up. Get in there and build some hype!

http://www.reddit.com/r/lanparty/comments/17tfkz/event_okgg_feb_16th_oklahoma_city/

http://www.reddit.com/r/oklahoma/comments/17tfnn/okgg_february_19th_lan_party/

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 pm  View user's profile Send private message
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Few days out! Ready your insta-gib rifles ladies and gents.

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:42 am  View user's profile Send private message
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

I installed UT last night, got it up and running. I was terrible at UT though lol. Ready to get owned I am

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

UT or UT2k4?

Post Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Sevnn wrote: UT or UT2k4?

UT2k4

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 am  View user's profile Send private message
Digitaldreamer7
pwn3d

Someone said something about our chairs we brought (the camping ones) I meant to ask, can we use the chairs there? I don't mind the camping ones, but, that's one less thing to pack up Friday night. I'd bring my nice comfy home one, but, it wouldn't fit in the car lol.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda

That should be fine. We can always run to my house and get more chairs if needed. We just need to get some people on the roster this month! Not enough people are signed up for sure and it's days away from the LAN.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:50 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ottermaticrifle
TK'er

Digitaldreamer7 wrote: I'd bring my nice comfy home one, but, it wouldn't fit in the car lol.

Damn it... I just got a new chair... didn't even think about it being too big to fit in my car... I might come with it strapped to the roof I guess.

Post Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: