FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > Goodbye horrible Comp

Is the ASUS G73 Awesome?
Yes
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
F*CK YES!
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Yup
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
This poll is stupid..... but yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Papa_Smurf
Sand Filter

Goodbye horrible Comp  Reply with quote  

So, noone really knows me yet but I am the guy who came to the LAN and broke down like I had shot my computer. I asked Mike for some awesome deal but it would have required some ordering and shipping..... which wasn't a problem. The problem was the price (which wasn't horrible either) and mostly the wait.

SO! In my desperate attempt to find something that wasn't a total POS I found what I believe to be an OK deal. Let me know what you think.

It's an ASUS G73JH-A1, I am not familiar with names but I know the guy sitting beside me had a newer model but I still had a hard on for one for quite some time. Not sure how it rates to everyone's stuff so in the great words of a random bum on the street.......

I done showed you mine so show me yours....... Unless the bitch fist was used on it, then a no show is required. Or maybe it was something about spare a coin...

Either way...

ALSO!! I am still not familiar with names but I know that a lot of people helped me out quite a bit, not sure if I said thanks...... so thanks a lot. It's great to get there knowing that if my stuff craps out there is an entire room of people willing to help out. Helping hands are always appreciated!

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:28 am  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Personally (and not to knock Superduck) but I've had a distaste for Asus for a long time.

If you want to go laptop, check out www.sagernotebook.com, these are the laptops that Goahed sells through Technology Unlimited (see my sig). The other guy that was next to you, Drix, has one. Sager is the company that made Alienware's laptops before Dell bought them out. They're generally 1/3 of the price (or less) of an equivalent spec Alienware.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:28 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Just so Everyone knows the model he's talking about:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220691

And Yeah, I'm the guy with the Sager. And it has been an awesome one. Mine isn't all that flashy in case looks, but I wanted all black and simple.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:03 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Sevnn
Candy Cane King

I'm the guy who was next to Drix and helped through inspiration and my general awesomeness. I'll agree with Anreill about Asus. I bought one for my wife a few years ago because I wanted a high res screen on a 15" laptop and it was one of a few options I had available to me. Overall it isn't a bad laptop because it is still running, but I've had to replace the keyboard, battery, and a bunch of the plastic pieces are starting to crack or just fall off. The touchpad is filled with useless features and they've long since stopped making drivers/software for it. It was pretty close to the top of the line and was not cheap for the time. Compared to how my Apple has aged, it is a POS.

I've worked on Sagers a LONG time ago when we would buy their shells, fill them with processors, ram, and drives off the shelf. I like how they aren't as proprietary as most of the other manufacturers.

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:32 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Sega!

Ack....wrong thread.....

Post Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:21 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Papa_Smurf
Sand Filter

Well I would love to say I know as much as I use to but I haven't really kept up with the PC scene. I went ahead and got it, it really exceeds my expectations!

I am currently in college for electrical engineering so hopefully I can use some of my learned skills to mod this thing till it dies!!

Yet again as mentioned earlier everyone's help at the LAN was much appreciated, the patience everyone had was wonderful with all of my new hard drives crashing.

RIP 2 x 2 TB Drives and a 1 TB drive and my 250 GB Laptop drive. I am scrounging for a way to recover everything off of it before it all dies but I haven't gotten off my lazy ass yet to get another HDD.

The specs on this thing is....

ASUS G73JH-A1

Intel Core i7 Q720 @ 1.60GHz, 1600Mhz, 4 Core, 8 Logical Processors
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5800 Series 1GB VRam
6GB something something ram.....
120 GB SSD
720GB HDD

I can honestly say its not as good as most of the stuff I saw but I gotta say I am lovin this thing. It definitely outperforms my Dell XPS 420 that I was trying to use.

Oh and not sure if it was an AWESOME price but I paid $650 and definitely don't feel cheated

Post Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: