FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > The LAN Party Itself > Age limit Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
Snow685
Sand Filter

Age limit  Reply with quote  

Hello fellow gamers!
I am fifteen and a half, and no the half does not really matter.
Any way, i was wondering if i could attend the monthly lan parties if i got my parents to sign a forum or something. I'm not one of those whiny kids. Reply when you can. Thanks.

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

It's not for me to decide, but we have made exceptions in the past. Not sure what all would be involved.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:26 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I'm personally cool with it, but you and your parents need to understand that it is an adult setting. Adults will be there doing what a bunch of adolescents would be getting into trouble for doing. There are perhaps better venues for you. 15 1/2 is quite different from our occasional exceptions of 17 year olds.

I'd like others' opinions.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:32 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brules
M F C E O

My stance was always as long as they are mature enough to handle it.

Roach brothers, were not.

Do know (new guy) that the avg age for OKGG is well over 20+.....so the tolerance level for immaturity is even less than you would expect. Smile They are a bunch of gumpy old farts with sand in their vag's.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:05 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

anonym You and your parents should know there WILL be profanity used. So if your parents have problems with people using that kind of language (Specifically: Shit, Fuck, Ass, Arse, Asshat, Fuck, Asshole, Motherfucker, various racial slurs, Horseshit, Fuck, etcetera), even if we try not to, it's still gonna happen. For many of us it is an outlet, and just playful banter, but it's there. Just saying. ugly

Profanity aside, I second Brules's comment on tolerance for immaturity. There's a BIG difference between letting words fly when you get pwned/killed/lost, and directing it in a serious way to other players.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:08 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Snow685
Sand Filter

Alright thanks guys.
I'll sign up when i know that i can go. I'm mature most of the time.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Snow685
Sand Filter

One more thing.
Someone above mentioned "There are perhaps better venues for you." Could you point me in that direction just in case?

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:49 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Frankly, I don't mind at all as long as we don't have a repeat roach incident. Perhaps your best bet would be to get in some gametime with some of us so we can start to get an impression of you. I'll talk to Goahed, Electrified, and Lain about it and get a general staff opinion, but I don't mind. Just know that in the worst case scenario, we do reserve the right to carry you outside and leave you Razz

As to Plunk's "other venues," I have no idea what he's talking about.

You might join http://steamcommunity.com/groups/okgg and then post your Steam name on here, might get a few of us to add you and start getting to know you.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:07 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
LainP7
OKGG Admin

Im 100% fine with it. If you are able to come play some games without any problems, then I see no reason why you shouldn't come out.

Definitely check out the Steam group Anreill mentioned and add Lain_P7 while you are at it. Ill try to answer any questions you may have.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Snow685
Sand Filter

alright, ill check out that steam group..
My steam name is youfail18. It will come up like youfail18 KoS then a heart, i was in a clan but it died a year ago. It was my email a long time ago and i haven't bothered to change my name yet.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Snow685
Sand Filter

If you don't mind me asking, whats the Roach Incident?

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Drix
SEAT #ASS 10

Someone, whom just happened to be under aged, and will remain unnamed (mostly because I can't remember their handle or name, but also to protect the guilty). Brought a CRT and tower that were infested with roaches. Which was very disturbing.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:16 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
blu
Step on my cubes.

I suggest a sign on your back to remind people that drunken gay frolicking is off limits.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I say perhaps because they are mythical beasts, much like unicorns.

Post Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Snow685
Sand Filter

Oh god, that would be awful to have roaches all over the place. I wonder how all of em got in there.
If you want to talk to me just hit me up on steam and ill send you my vent info. Its only a 5 man server but it was free.
Also, i just got my pc a few weeks ago and i have bf3. BUT i have none of the dlc for it yet and no money to buy it with. Would this be an issue?

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:20 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

I am going to say yes as the newest DLC Armored Kill is out today and will be getting some serious play time at the LAN. They have short attention spans so the latest shiny thing usually gets the most attention. Smile

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:35 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Brules wrote: ... They have short attention spans so the latest shiny thing usually gets the most attention. Smile

LOL this made me actually laugh out loud. heh

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:24 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Drix wrote: Someone, whom just happened to be under aged, and will remain unnamed (mostly because I can't remember their handle or name, but also to protect the guilty). Brought a CRT and tower that were infested with roaches. Which was very disturbing.

Ahh yes, I remember the great roacher indecent... thankfully I was all the way at the other end of the room. *shudder* Thankfully because of the roaches, and thankfully I didn't have to put up with the CS kiddies...

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

It has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.....the ensuing rush to smash the roaches that were boiling out of his monitor left me in tears and with abdominal pain from laughing so hard.....

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:42 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Brules wrote: It has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen.....the ensuing rush to smash the roaches that were boiling out of his monitor left me in tears and with abdominal pain from laughing so hard.....

As the guy who was sitting RIGHT next to him.

Fuck you Brules.

<3

Post Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: