FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > I braved a black friday sale and didn't get trampled :P

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

I braved a black friday sale and didn't get trampled :P  Reply with quote  

I must say I have always not cared nearly enough to even attempt the mad house that is black Friday (Besides the giant Steam sale Razz). Well stumbled on a deal from Best buy that actually got me to go to one of these.

Showed up about 4 hours before they opened at midnight. Found a line a quarter mile long, people had tents set up, people selling snacks and playing cards. It was its own little eco system it seemed. Had myself a cigar and a few sips from my hip flask Razz. Shot the shit with others in line and actually had some fun. It was another 2 hours after the store opened before I got what I wanted and left....

Picked me up an Asus Transformer Tablet for 250 bucks. Tegra 2 chipset, full 10 inch tablet, 16 GB, Android Honeycomb. From the reviews it seems to be one of the better tablets on the market right now.

Already Rooted and set up. Overall impressions from the last few days are good. It seems to excel at browsing the internet and is amazing for Remote Desktop. Spent 3 hours reading a pdf without issue or eye strain. Video playback is marginal....having issues with mkv files. And using google maps or google earth just makes you feel cool Razz.

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:32 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Very cool.....I want one of those or the Toshiba Thrive to use as a digital brochure for work. I think a tablet would excel at displaying literature and pictures of projects as well as videos of machines we sell. Anything else it does well would just be icing!

Do you think the 16gb version is a hinderance vs a 32gb version or is sticking in a large SD card an easy solution?

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

I plan to load it up with a 32gb microsd card for select video, music, books, and photo's. So the internal 16gb is pretty much for apps and associated files. I can't see myself filling that up unless I go app crazy or something.

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Cool, wish I had braved the chaos for one, but I didn't want to get in line and then them have none haha. I want the Toshiba Thrive version.....

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:17 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
blu
Step on my cubes.

Best Buy let's it's Silver Reward Zone members see the black Friday deals on the Sunday before and order them online the Monday before, btw. I tend to spend a few thousand every year for other people so we don't have to go to the store and deal with the crowds. That has a nice side effect of also adding enough purchases to keep my silver membership for the next year Smile.

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:22 am  View user's profile Send private message
Brules
M F C E O

Nice....

Post Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:31 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: