FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Gibberish > To get a droid or not to get a droid...that is the question

Should the cook get one of those fancy smartphones?
Hell Yeah!!!!
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
Stick with the old school phone
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I think ponies are pretty cool
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

To get a droid or not to get a droid...that is the question  Reply with quote  

So I finally stopped by the sprint store....Turns out my contract has been up since August and I can easily upgrade. And well I really like the 4g EVO droid.

The bad news that sprint charges a gay 10 dollar a month premium data charge on 4g phones....when 4g isnt even available here. However the good news is they now have a military discount that will negate that....so I am looking at my monthly bill increasing by about 15 bucks by adding data. Plus the 200 that the phone costs.

So yeah I am torn cause well I am still fine with my current 'old school' cell phone however i just seem outnumbered as everybody has a smart phone and I have wanted a droid for awhile. So I ask you my fellow techies....What should I do?

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

EVO is a great phone but the Galaxy S is better, also Maximes is a Sprint employee so you should shake him down for cheap service or something.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:10 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

The smartphones are neat but aren't really that useful IMO. Not to mention that in X number of months "something so much better will come out, so you should wait for that."

I got an HTC Aria for a penny, it's a neat little toy.

The Archos 101 is better at just about everything, but it's a tablet and thus doesn't fit in your pocket. Decisions, decisions... Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:35 am  View user's profile Send private message
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Like Nikola said, hit up maximes, he should be able to hook you up.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:18 am  View user's profile Send private message
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

iPhone 4

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:47 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

First of all, if your contract is up: bail from Sprint. They have, by far, the worst coverage and service in OKC/OK. (sorry maximes)

I made the switch from AT&T (iphone) to Verizon (Droid Inc) and couldn't be happier. Verizon's service is WAY better than AT&T and my speeds are much better. Plus OKC is one of the initial release markets for Verizon's LTE service. If you can hang on till ~Feb you should start seeing LTE Android phones. Tests are showing ~20Mbps/5Mbps. Definitely spiffy.

My .02

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:00 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

Just realized I didn't answer the original question. Yes... Get an Android phone. You won't be sorry no matter what network you stay with or go to.

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:01 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

I used to be with AT&T and hated it. Now sprint I love and have always had great coverage in OKC and wherever else I have been. So I definitely want to stick with sprint....

Post Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:53 pm  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

I dig my torch quite a lot.

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:56 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I'm personally unwilling to give up all the games the App Store has, that's pretty much the only reason I'm not on an Android phone right now. The Galaxy S is a sexy beast.

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:26 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

I love my iPhone 4. I am thinking about switching to Verizon when I can though. I am hoping AT&T finally gets their act together though. I am around WiFi most of the time so generally doesn't bother me too much.

Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

Verizon was just voted the #1 worst customer support experience in the entire world. Speaking from the standpoint of actually being a current Verizon customer I'd say that was about right.

I love the actual cell phone service I get with my celly, but I hate the people and the company behind it. Sucky thing was I had to sign a 2 year contract to figure that out. *sigh* only 11 more month to go and counting.

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:36 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
Menos
Broke My Labia

Where did you read that? Consumer reports just pegged that honor on AT&T

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:37 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Menos
Broke My Labia

Yup.... found it....

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/electronics/2010/12/consumer-reports-cell-phone-survey-att-worst.html

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

well my co-worker lied to me then, he said it was verizon, and no wonder, he's on ATT! LOL

Post Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:30 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: