FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > Modding > When a hobby turns into insanity.... Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

When a hobby turns into insanity....  Reply with quote  

Well A few days ago I spotted a craigslist ad for 2 dell ultrasharp models....these where the exact models I had on my secondary comp. Well I talked the guy down to 250 for both 22" monitors. And yeah I think I may just be clinically insane.

And before anybody chimes in about the color gamut being off.....its' the angle of the photo....the portrait side to side viewing angle is more narrow than standard view....

As for all the monitors.....lets just say its like getting raped by information.....i mean oh jesus.....its an attention deficit disorder wet dream.....oh my god......

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:54 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

That's just sex, I think you should bring your 4 and I'll bring my 2 and I'll buy another 5970 again and we'll do 6-way Eyefinity next LAN!!! They literally JUST got the drivers working for 6-way configurations.

Post Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

you can do that with DVI connections?.....I thought they had to be display port....

But if so I am down for giving it a try.....would need a table all to yourself for it though Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:39 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Damn it! That's the reason why I hadn't done it yet, I just conveniently keep forgetting the $100 active adaptor for DisplayPort to DVI which you need.

Scratch this.

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:46 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Stealth
I Read Insults for Dummies & Still Fail.

naw, not clinically insane...........its more like you need to go to AA......damn all the liquor bottles, lol

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I think at 6+ monitors you just need a display adapter that you plug one Dual-Link DVI cable in and let that external box do the processing. I think it'd probably be cheaper. And now we know Vince likes skinny redheads.

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:24 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

TehDanMan wrote: I think at 6+ monitors you just need a display adapter that you plug one Dual-Link DVI cable in and let that external box do the processing. I think it'd probably be cheaper. And now we know Vince likes skinny redheads.

but there's a max 2560 × 1600 on Dual-Link Sad

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:31 am  View user's profile Send private message
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

Hey, nothing wrong w/ skinny redheads. I will say the Oreo Coffee Mug is awesome though.

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 pm  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

LightningCrash wrote:
but there's a max 2560 × 1600 on Dual-Link Sad

That is true...

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

Bwahahaha! You have your vices and I have mine!

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

write hole waiting to happen

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

correction.. short skinny redheads.

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:13 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

I do have a soft spot for the gingers and oreos Very Happy

have to come up with a new wallpaper scheme though....something that makes them all fit together....like a cityscape or a tactical Norad/Skynet/Hal 9000 theme....
Laughing

PS: you know everyone of those liquor bottles has a story or memory associated with it....Im not that much of an Alcoholic Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message
blu
Step on my cubes.

I prefer my 2560x1600 on one monitor.

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:22 pm  View user's profile Send private message
VinceVaughn
Cougar Hawk

I think a 30" would sit very nicely in the center....replacing the samsung Very Happy

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:20 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

VinceVaughn wrote: I think a 30" would sit very nicely in the center....replacing the samsung Very Happy

Eh, I did that for awhile with my 2007s and it was ok, but you really need the FPs, not the WFPs so that the vertical resolution matches. Then it is a freaking gorgeous site to behold.

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:04 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Thats awesome!

Post Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:27 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

If you haven't tried, could you drag a 720p video or better across several monitors and let me know if it drops alot of frames?

I built some display systems at the office that are made of 9 42" televisions using numerous low power dual display pci cards, but they obviously cant hande video gracefully across 9 monitors. I suspect the PCI bus is the problem.

Was wondering if upgrading them to more power cards on a pcie bus would solve that issue...

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 am  View user's profile Send private message
Nikola
Hung Like a Flea

I remember back in the day with even my 9800 Pro video would only display on one monitor or the other when you dragged it across or maximized it across both monitors.

That said, it's probably not your video cards since I imagine your cpu is pulling the workload instead unless you are specifically using a program that can offload that to the video card. Try Media Player Classic Home Cinema or another video player that you know can offload the processing to the video card and then try.

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:06 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
The.Real.Cast
Obama Lemming Looking for the Cliff

Yeah, both MPC and VLC drop frames across the 9 monitor array. The cpu is a reasonably fast core2duo. I just figured that 5 pci video cards on a single pci bus was probably a bottleneck.

Post Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:45 pm  View user's profile Send private message

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: