FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Register | Profile | Inbox | Log in | SmartFeedSmartFeed

okgg.org > Forum Index > IRL > Who are you and what do you do? Goto page 1, 2  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic  Reply to topic
LightningCrash
Smile like Bob, order your free LC today

Who are you and what do you do?  Reply with quote  

So I figured, I'd rather do business with people I know, and avoid Dan, perhaps we could contribute a bit of information about what we do for a living. This could open up some inroads for small biz types and maybe some commissions for the sales types, provide tech connections for the sysadmins, etc.

I work for the state as a Unix Sysadmin.

Your turn:
Who is your daddy,
and what does he do?

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:14 am  View user's profile Send private message
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

I am self employed and represent Aflac as a supplemental insurance agent.

I have both individual and company clients and feel that most people can benefit from at least a few of the policies that I offer. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information. I'm not a car salesman. If what I do won't help you I will let you know that you need to look elsewhere.

----------------------------------------

I am a part-owner in a real estate and property management company. It is buying up residential and commercial property and leasing it out to people and companies. If you need anything dealing with property rentals or have any questions just let me know.

We are also own a landscape company with it.

-----------------------------------------
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Last edited by detox on Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:25 am  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

I am and independant broker of an herbal remedy line. Think Avon lady only plant matter and I'm a dude.

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:38 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Brian4o5
Colonel Cunnilinigus

Oh just say it like it is, Dan. You sell pot.

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:11 am  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number
Killaholic
2173 Posts and still a shitty title!

I sell insurance and investments for a variety of different companies. My parent company is MetLife.

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:51 am  View user's profile Send private message
TehDanMan
Guerilla Ontologist

Brian4o5 wrote: Oh just say it like it is, Dan. You sell pot.

I was being with the making of funny.

I actually work for a small IT company that does lots of stuff.

Post Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Goahed Makemyda
Thursday Night Massacre Host

Mine should be fairly obvious Smile

I am one of the owners of Technology Unlimited, we sell and service computers, including Macintosh, we do wiring, phone systems, networking, and electronics.

I love my job!

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:45 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bobacus
Gov. Surplus FTW!

I work for this fool.

Goahed Makemyda wrote: Mine should be fairly obvious Smile

I am one of the owners of Technology Unlimited, we sell and service computers, including Macintosh, we do wiring, phone systems, networking, and electronics.

I love my job!

Post Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:59 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Evilwezal
n00b

Im a Detention officer and Deputy Sheriff for Marshall County Sheriffs Office. I deal with the scum of society.

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
blu
Step on my cubes.

I'm God's gift to computers.

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:03 pm  View user's profile Send private message
Anreill
812,800,000nm Satisfies Me!

Bobacus wrote: I work for this fool.

Goahed Makemyda wrote: Mine should be fairly obvious Smile

I love my job!

What they said.

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:28 pm  View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Souper Phly
Junkie

I'm an industrial mechanic for an oilfield tool manufacturer.

Post Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:09 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

I design and sell high density storage solutions to a variety of clients. I store the history of the world, I secure the evidence that puts the bad guys away for life, I organize the Air Force and get to see stuff that NO ONE else ever gets to see. I have teh coolest job EVAR:

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:51 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

Brules wrote: I design and sell high density storage solutions to a variety of clients. I store the history of the world, I secure the evidence that puts the bad guys away for life, I organize the Air Force and get to see stuff that NO ONE else ever gets to see. I have teh coolest job EVAR:

is that a paper file organizer?
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:40 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Brules
M F C E O

Yes. That system though was actually for 3 ring research binders. It is a secure access system, thus the keypads and rolling tambour door at the end. I do a lot of file storage, but generally I tell people i do "stuff" storage. Wink

Post Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:53 am  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MO8IUS
I's L N B !!!!!!! Sheesh!

Previously a Net/Sys Admin, currently an ASP.NET developer.

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:19 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Atomm
Brules was better than me at BF2

Cisco Network Engineer down in Northern Dallas.

I don't do windows....

Post Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:46 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MooseDog
Hay, look over their!

Business Manager (Finance & Insurance) at House of Kawasaki in Oklahoma City (again).

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:41 pm  View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address ICQ Number
detox
Naaaaaah. NaaaaaFLAC.

*updated mine to include my new companies
SSD
3x Dell U2412 Monitors

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:25 pm  View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Shinare
SEXNOCULAR

General question to everyone: Ever get sick of doing what you do?

I'm right there, right now. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't give programing another chance. I'm sick of dealing with the endless torrent of sysadmin/network admin daily bull-crap. Worrying about business continuity, security, AV, malware, software/hardware compatibility, servers, PC's, every freaking business software under the sun, switches, routers, cables, dealing with old tech, learning about new tech on the horizon, vertualization, being the printer guy, website guy, copier guy, Email guy, on and on an on... I'm just sick of being "Jack of all trades" man here.

I had to edit some code this morning to add a requested feature to a custom billing system I built from scratch a couple years ago in VBA. It genuinely made me happy to do it. First time that I ever felt like that when codeing. The rest of the day has been crap.

Hell, I'd even hang dry wall right about now.

I guess I should stop complaining and being a whiny bitch. At least I have a job that pays the bills. Some people right now can't even say that. I will probably feel better eventually, hopefully...

Post Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:44 pm  View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number

Last Thread | Next Thread  > Goto page 1, 2  Next

Quick Reply

Jump to:  
Forum Rules: